The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sold/Withdrawn Contax G 35 f/2 Planar and 45 f/2 Planar

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I am selling my Contax G 35 f/2 Planar and 45 f/2 Planar. I'm sure I will regret this. These are the best lenses that I have found for on my NEX. The close focus distance, sharpness and f/2 apertures can not be beat. I'm selling because I have a Zeiss 35 mm Biogon and a 50 mm Planar for my M's and can not afford this duplication.
The lenses are in great shape with clean glass and focus well on a Contax G2 and with the Kipon adapter (not for sale) on my NEX.

Full disclosure: I am asking $325 for each lens. I only have one hood/Contax cap and will sell it to the first person to buy one of the two lenses for $20 extra. The second lens will then sell with a generic cap/no hood. I have no boxes.

Free shipping to your US location.

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Re: FS Contax G 35 f/2 Planar and 45 f/2 Planar

You guys aren't making this easy. The 35 has been a permanent fixture on my NEX, too. With the biogon I loose a stop and the close focus distance, but avoid having to have two lenses.:talk028:

ashwinrao1

2 of the best lenses ever made...especially that 45 f/2...if I had a nex-5, this would be my 2 lens kit with the Contax G90....

Best of luck with the sale, Cindy. If I had spare change, I'd pick this up, but I am all run dry, and I don't even have a NEX (by the way, do you like the NEX?)

Best,
Ashwin

Jerry_R

Cindy,
how you compare quality of these Contax G lenses on NEX - to Zeiss ZM Biogon and Planar?

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Ashwin, I love the NEX. It is in my purse and goes everywhere with me. It is a wonderful backup to the M9.

Jerry, These are some of the best lenses made. They are so well sized for the NEX, too. The close focus is shorter than the Zeiss ZM lenses. I have always liked the look of the Zeiss lenses. I think this 45 is the sharpest of the bunch. I just hate that I have so much duplication and I'm packing my bags for a trip. I just want to lighten my load a bit. The ZM lenses work on both my M9 and my NEX, so they are the ones I have to keep.

jonoslack

Hi Cindy
Of course, we're all different, but I've found that if I'm going to shoot primes . . . I'd always rather shoot them on the M9, not that they weren't good on the NEX, just that I'd rather use an M9.
I've sold my NEX as well (i.e. I've thrown the baby out with the bathwater), but I can't say I've regretted either too much.

Good as those contax lenses are, I don't think you'll be regretting it too much.

all the best

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

The 35 and hood is sold and I am going to withdraw the 45 for now.
Thanks.