The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Brightscreen focusing screen for Canon 5D

• Thread starter Let_Biogons_Be_Biogons
  • Start date
L

Let_Biogons_Be_Biogons

Brightscreen focusing screen to fit Canon 5D. Mint condition, complete with shim, tool and case.
#5 split image microprism screen, great upgrade for your 5D especially if you use alternative and manual focus lenses. Much better than using Canon's Ee screen.
$99, obo, plus postage. Chase QuickPay or Paypal

Farnz

Does this fit in a 5d mk11 if so you have a deal
David,

The mirror on the 5D Mk II is slightly bigger than the 5D's mirror so regrettably the shim that accompanies the Brightscreen can't be used. I used the 5D Brightscreen without the shim on my 5D Mk II and discovered that focus was a little off when using my 80/1.4 Summilux lens.

Having said that, the split prism helped with the focussing so I'm intending to get Brightscreen's 5D Mk II version.

(I hope the OP doesn't mind my clarifying this question.):eek:

Pete.