The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Nikon AF-S 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Lens/USA Ver./Boxed/Virtually New!

D&A

FS: Nikon AF-S 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Lens/USA/Boxed/VirtuallyNew/ Free Shipping & Paypal

Hi All,

*** First Please note: Since I am usually on my cell phone, responding to PM's is very difficult from it. SO PLEASE e-mail me (instead of PM's) at IRGdme "at" AOL "dot" Com. with any questions or purchases, although once back at a regular computer, its then possible to answer PM's. Thanks!

I purchased these recently released Nikon lens (the Nikon Af-S 16-35mm f4 VR) and the Nikon 24mm f1.4 around the same time. I thought I might have use for the zoom but like using my Leica, I am almost always a single focal length user for most circumstances. The lens was carefully removed from the box and a front filter instantly placed on the lens (filter not included), and took a few test shots on two brief occasions as I do with every brand new lens purchased. Lens than placed carefully back in its box where it stayed till now. Lens is mint and flawless in all ways and of course comes complete with everything, hood, all caps, paperwork, etc., just as packed by Nikon USA.

The great advantage of this lens over the other well known Full Frame ultra wide angle zoom lenses for Nikon, is that it takes filters (77mm), has VR and of course is much lighter and more compact than Nikon's 14-24 f2.8 zoom. It's performance is exceptionally good.
There are some excellent representative images taken by Matt Driscoll in a thread on the Nikon forums here on Getdpi that compare performance of the Nikon 16-35mm f4 VR against the Nikon 14-24mm f2.8 lens. A quick search of the forums for 16-35mm will ultimately find that thread.

As reference, I've done many transactions (brought and sold) here on Getdpi as well as all the other usual forums and each one went perfectly and was a pleasure. I've also been on ebay for 10 years with 1300 pure positives (no neutrals or negatives).

Price is $949.00 Paypalled and Shipped in CONUS. For shipping/costs to other destinations, just ask.

*** Again, please e-mail me (instead of sending a PM), at---> IRGdme "at" AOL "dot" Com. with any questions.

Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

D&A

HI Jason,

Thanks ever so much for your kind words, its greatly appreciated. I actually just PMed/emailed you and I think you might be a bit surprised.

In any case, I found a spare unboxed Nikon 77mm multicoated UV (L37c) filter that can be used on this lens. The filter does have some very small and hard to see fine scratches in a number of places, but nothing that would really affect image quality, so I will also be including this in the sale of the lens.

Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Hi All,

I should also mention that besides the Nikon 77mm L37c MC filter that I will be including with this lens (condition of filter described "above")...that this lens also has most of its original Nikon USA 5 year guarantee remaining and all paperwork and cards included in the box haven't been filled out yet. In the very remote chance the lens may ever need to be sent in, I can provide a copy of the original receipt from the authorized Nikon USA dealer it was purchased from and/or I can faciliate sending it in. Its always nice to know this, for peace of mind.

*** Again, please e-mail me (instead of sending a PM), at---> IRGdme "at" AOL "dot" Com. with any questions.

Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

D&A

Hi,

This lens has now SOLD! My appreciation to all those who had an inquired about purchasing the lens. Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Jason, your observations regarding the performance of this lens vs. the exceptionally good Zeiss 21 at 21mm is quite accurate. It also optically competitive with the Zeiss 18mm, which is no sloutch either. Thanks for your comments and personal observations.

Dave (D&A)