The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Leica 90mm Macro-elmar set

D&A

Re: FS: Leica 90mm Macro-elmar set

Permit me to add two extremely enthusiastic "thumbs up" for both jamriman and the Lecia 90mm Macro-elmar set.

First jamriman is an absolute gentleman and a true pleasure to purchase from, in addition to his complete trustworthiness in any transaction. When I needed a major purchase "quickly", for a very special gift for someone, he was there in a most pleasurable way and made it happen, exactly as he said he would....hands down perfect.

Regarding the 90mm Macro-Elmar set, I have had a lot of experience using this set-up myself. The 90mm f4 on its own is remarkable in performance (sharpness and it's bokeh for an f4 lens) when used as a regular 90mm, straight from the get go (f4). This is comparing it to the many other popular 90's for the M. For light-compact travel, without giving up anything optically (except speed), its ideal. I've also used it extensively within its close-focus range combined with it's adapter. Although not 1:1 macro (and of course a SLR with dedicated macro has the usual advantages and quickness), it performs as good as one could hope using this combo, when you only use or travel with a M camera. As often as I use a DSLR and dedicated macro, this lens/macro close focusing system gets one remarkably close, optically speaking, to the DSLR/macro system at the same reproduction ratio.

Didn't want to hijack this FS thread, but thought my comments would help those who have an interest and deciding.

Dave (D&A)

jamriman

Permit me to add two extremely enthusiastic "thumbs up" for both jamriman and the Lecia 90mm Macro-elmar set.

First jamriman is an absolute gentleman and a true pleasure to purchase from, in addition to his complete trustworthiness in any transaction. When I needed a major purchase "quickly", for a very special gift for someone, he was there in a most pleasurable way and made it happen, exactly as he said he would....hands down perfect.

Regarding the 90mm Macro-Elmar set, I have had a lot of experience using this set-up myself. The 90mm f4 on its own is remarkable in performance (sharpness and it's bokeh for an f4 lens) when used as a regular 90mm, straight from the get go (f4). This is comparing it to the many other popular 90's for the M. For light-compact travel, without giving up anything optically (except speed), its ideal. I've also used it extensively within its close-focus range combined with it's adapter. Although not 1:1 macro (and of course a SLR with dedicated macro has the usual advantages and quickness), it performs as good as one could hope using this combo, when you only use or travel with a M camera. As often as I use a DSLR and dedicated macro, this lens/macro close focusing system gets one remarkably close, optically speaking, to the DSLR/macro system at the same reproduction ratio.

Didn't want to hijack this FS thread, but thought my comments would help those who have an interest and deciding.

Dave (D&A)
Many thanks Dave! Much appreciated!

sinwen

I have the lens alone, it is the best 90/100 range lens I ever had. You give two stops for a lot of weight. It is a closed eyes Best buy.