The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Hasselblad CFV-39 digital back, 503CW, 80CFE and more

Gilles L.

Hello everyone,

I am selling my Hasselblad CFV-39/503CW kit. Here is what I have to offer:

Hasselblad CFV-39 39 Megapixel Digital Back in V-mount, in Excellent + condition. The sale includes:
- digital back
- cover for sensor
- battery
-charger with US plug and car-lighter adapter
- firewire 800/800
- battery adapter plate for mounting on ELX body
- various cables for ELX, flash sync, etc…
- CD with Phocus v. 2.5.2 (latest release)
- latest firmware 265

The back does not list the number of actuations, but my best guess is about 4,000-5,000. I've used this back in the studio on a tripod product photography (artworks from collectors and museums). The image quality is really sensational. It is compatible with all 500-series, 200-series, ELD, ELX, SWC and also Large format cameras. For more information, see the data sheet on Hasselblad's website: http://www.hasselbladusa.com/media/1928194/uk_cfv39_datasheet_v5.pdf

Price: $9,500

Hasselblad 503CW camera kit, includes
Chrome body, serial # 19EU10759
Waistlevel finder, latest style
Acute-matte D screen
Front and rear body cap
Original box
Condition: in overall excellent ++ condition as you can see in the photos. Body is mechanically fully operational and was recently CLA'd by a local Hasselblad-trained technician. Acute-matte with tape markings with digital sensor crop.
price: $1,100

Hasselblad CFE 80mm f.2.8 lens
Serial #8867031
Includes:
80mm lens
Front and rear caps
Soft case
Instruction manual (not in the pics)
Condition: Cosmetically and mechanically in near mint / excellent ++ condition. The lens was CLA'd by Hasselblad USA in April 2010. I will include copy of the receipt with the sale.
$1,000

Hasselblad magnifying hood HM2, cat. # 72524
Includes:
Magnifying hood
Bottom cover
Box
Condition: in overall excellent ++ condition
$250

Custom focusing by Maxwell Precision Optics HI-LUX Microprism Screen Type I with mask for 36x49mm/36.7x36.7mm and "+" grid. I paid $600 for this screen and it was worth every cent. The files of the CFV are large and sharp, and focus errors are clearly noticed on-screen at the computer.* The Maxwell screen greatly increased my in-focus keeper rate.*Price: $400

I also have an older style magnifying hood, extension tubes 8, 16E, 21 and 32, quick release plate, Hasselblad multi-coated UV-Sky filter B60, Marumi multi-coated CPL B60, Marumi ND4 and ND8 multi-coated B60, hot-shoe adapter for lens hood, and side hot-shoe adapter. Contact me if interested in any of these.

Below are a few images, but many more can be viewed at the following address: http://gilleslorin.fileburst.com/forum/CFV/index.html. Let me know if you would large images by email.

I am located in Orlando Florida, and can ship internationally. Let me know should you have any questions. Emails over PM are preferred for faster response.

Best, Gilles

Leigh

I love my CFV-39. Great product and awesome results.

One minor correction...
The current release of Phocus is 2.5.4, downloadable for free from hasselbladusa.com

Good luck with the sale.

- Leigh

Gilles L.

Thanks for the update Leigh! I stopped shooting the CFV about a month ago, so I was not aware of the new update. Indeed, Phocus is available for download directly on Hasselblad's website.

Best, Gilles

Gilles L.

a free bump:

so what is this back like at 400 and 800? I've been saving my 503cf patiently...
I'll take a free bump, thanks :p

I'm not sure of the performance at 400 and 800. Now that you mention it, I don't think I've tried it... I've been shooting artworks in the studio with it, so basically stuck with ISO 50. I believe it is the same sensor as the CF39, so performances should be similar. Perhaps someone can better answer the question.

I did try it on a friend's 903SW and worked fine. I also tried some long exposures one day... attached some examples. Other than that, my experience is solely in the studio.

kebebe

Hi Gilles:

Thanks for the email on shipping the filter. I am glad your 503cw and lens are sold. Look like only the digital back and some others are still avail. If i have the extra cash I will jump all over it. Just been spending several grand this month for camera equiptment so not until new year before I pop for more toys.

Kebebe

Gilles L.

Hi Gilles:

Thanks for the email on shipping the filter. I am glad your 503cw and lens are sold. Look like only the digital back and some others are still avail. If i have the extra cash I will jump all over it. Just been spending several grand this month for camera equiptment so not until new year before I pop for more toys.

Kebebe
Thanks Kebebe! The filter is on its way.

Gilles L.

My pleasure Kebebe, thanks for your purchase. That's it... still got the extension tubes, and hotshoe adapters. Takes care, Gilles

Gilles L.

Many thanks for the positive feedback, Tim; likewise, it was a pleasure dealing with you. Enjoy the camera! Best, Gilles