The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Mamiya AFD with Kodak DCS Pro Back 645M for $2,900

eccwong

Selling my faithful Mamiya AFD camera with 80mm / 2.8 AF lens, Kodak Pro Back 645M

I have been a long time Kodak digital camera fan, I think the natural color and skin tone is still better than some new cameras. The back has 59877 actuation and has paint chip off at the lower 2 corners. The camera was purchase later so the number of actuation is much lower than the back.

The Kodak DCS Pro Back 645M is a square format so you do not have to rotate the camera for landscape and portrait, but the disadvantage is the crop factor of about 1.6 (almost like a full frame to a APS sensor). The picture result is excellent for ISO 200 or under, there is no noise in the shadow area.

The AFD is in very good condition, focus fast and accurate. The 80/2.8 is clean and smooth.

I am asking for $2,900 for the camera with lens, Kodak back, Fire wire, 5 Kodak Battery and charger. Excellent for someone venture into digital medium format.

Also I have the 120/220 film back, Polaroid film back and Mamiya carrying case for additional $250 if you want to have the option to take picture on film. This package only offer to the buyer of the camera.

Please note that the price are net to me and shipping is extra. Please feel free to ask question.

kdphotography

The filmback and polaroid back are difficult to sell---almost like giving them away. Believe it or not, the Mamiya hardcase is a "collectible." I had a gold Mamiya case that was nice.

The 645M with Mamiya 645AFD is a great kit---I enjoyed mine. Miss the square format. Kodak software made it all easy. Kodak's special custom looks add-on is worthwhile.

:)

Last edited:

eccwong

Hello KDphotography,

Nice pictures, I know I am going to miss the square format.

Couple of my friend is going back to medium and large format film photography. It will be nice as an option.

J

jeffreynet

Hello!

I wonder are you still selling your medium format including the digital back.

I would be very interested to buy this set if you can send it out very soon.

Cheers,
Jeffrey