The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Nikon 24mm f1.4G AFS Lens...New, Boxed, Nikon USA

D&A

Hi All,

*** First Please note: Since I am usually on my cell phone, responding to PM's is very difficult from it. SO PLEASE e-mail me (instead of PM's) at IRGdme "at" AOL "dot" Com. with any questions or purchases, although once back at a regular computer, its then possible to answer PM's. Thanks!

I'm putting up for sale my new Nikon 24mm f1.4G AFS (Nikon USA) Lens/Boxed. For all intent and purposes it's brand new. I purchased this not all that long ago while I was both contemplating and rearranging my wide angle end of things for my Nikon DSLR system. I primarily use single fast focal length lenses, especially for available light. After all the rearranging for my photographic needs, I ended up with a 14mm, 21mm, 24mm & 50mm (on up). The 21 and 35mm are two of my most used wide angle focal lengths but after rearrangement, I was left without a fast AF 35mm. Hence the desire to sell the 24mm f1.4 G AF-S and purchase the 35mm f1.4G AF-S, although in terms of performance and lack of CA...the 24mm f1.4G by all accounts is near perfect. There are enough well respected reviews on this sensational ultra fast lens on the web. That in a nutshell is the only reason for the sale of this lens.

The lens when purchased brand new at a local authorized Nikon USA dealer, was quickly taken out of its box and I performed exactly 11 test shots, as I always do to check out any sample of a new lens I am purchasing and then it went right back in it's box completely unused until I determined exactly what my arrangements of lenses was going to be. Thats the full extent of use and my handling the lens. Basically as new as a lens can be, with of course nothing else was touched inside the Nikon box that came with the lens.

Price is $1839.00 (net to me) plus shipping/insurance.

As reference, I've done many transactions (brought and sold) here on Getdpi as well as all the other usual forums and each one went perfectly and was a pleasure. I've also been on ebay for 10 years with 1300 pure positives (no neutrals or negatives).

*** Again, please e-mail me (instead of sending a PM), at---> IRGdme "at" AOL "dot" Com. with any questions.

Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Hi All,

I decided to quickly lower the price and add a quick pic of the lens, box and contents.

Price lowered to $1795 (net to me) plus shipping. This is at least $200.00 less than the lowest ligitimate price that can be found on a new Nikon 35mm f1.4G AF-S lens. Speed, sharpness, shallow depth of field and extremely low low distortion are all hallmarks of this incredably performing wide angle lens which has receievd accolades from everyone.

There is probably still time with one of the shipping options to receive this in time for the 25th :)

*** Again, please e-mail me (instead of sending a PM), at---> IRGdme "at" AOL "dot" Com. with any questions you might have.

Thanks again!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

D&A

Re: Low Price Sale!...Nikon 24mm f1.4G AFS Lens...New, Boxed, Nikon USA

Hi Everyone,

An After Christmas Lowering of Price "Sale" (Hey I had to call it something, and in any case, certainly sounds better than "bump" :)

This probably is my final reduction in price on this incredibly fine performing fast wide angle lens and if it wasn't for my having other fast wide angle close to this focal length in both the Nikon and Leica system, I would love to dearly keep it.

Price lowered to $1675 (net to me) plus shipping. This is at least $325.00 less (and often its more than $325.00) than the lowest legitimate mail order price that can be found on a new Nikon (USA) 35mm f1.4G AF-S lens. Speed, sharpness, shallow depth of field and extremely low distortion are all hallmarks of this incredibly performing wide angle lens which has received accolades from everyone.

I am the original owner with my authorized Nikon USA dealers receipt for the lens and all included paperwork such as Nikon's USA 5 year Warranty (most of it remaining of course on this newly released lens). In the rare circumstance it might ever need service, I'm here to help of course facilitate that at any time.

For low light available wedding candids, and shallow depth of field wide angle shots, it's hard to come across another or better lens in the Nikon system and of course all the user reviews have been enthusiastically positive.

*** Again, please e-mail me (instead of sending a PM), at---> IRGdme "at" AOL "dot" Com. with any questions you might have.

Thanks again!

Dave (D&A)

kebebe

Wow, that is a great price! I bought mine from FM and few months ago and paid a lot more.

I have both 24mm and 35mm now and I agree that the 24mm have lower distortion, fast focus and sharper(maybe due to DOF). Its just harder to frame for people shots beause of angle of view.

Kebebe

D&A

HI kebebe,

Thank you both for your kind comments and also feedback on comparing these two fast lenses. I completely concur with your assessment...the 24mm seems a bit sharper (although they are close) and the 24mm does have less distortion. Each though both have their place in the camera bag (as they are two different focal lengths) and sometimes their uses might overlap, each also has its specific uses.

*** I'd also like to mention that this lens is now SOLD! Thanks to everyone who contacted me and had an interest in this lens. It's greatly appreciated!

Dave (D&A)