The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Mamiya ZD back with IR filter

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
This is a low mileage (very low mileage) ZD back -- maybe 500 clicks total. I had it for a few weeks before succumbing to the P45+ back I recently purchased. This is a back only, not the full ZD camera, and requires a Mamiya 645 AFD or AFD2 camera body to mount it on. It comes with all the original accessories, (box, padded case, software, charger, etc) including the optional ($425) clear glass filter for capturing IR -- this is one of the few digital backs that allows easy IR capture. In addition, I have two spare batteries. My original plan was to keep it precisely for IR captures and back-up, but the finances of the P45+ purchase dictate I need to sell it now. Anyway, feel free to PM me with any questions. Oh, and I am happy to split the IR filter sale off separately if the buyer of the back doesn't want it. So pricing is $5800 for the back and extra batteries, $400 for the IR filter, $6100 OBO for all of it.

I am on vacation this week with spotty internet, so please be patient if I don't reply instantly.

Cheers,

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm. Any offers? I cannot believe there isn't somebody around here looking for an inexpensive entry into MF digital :confused:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately you need the AFD link pins to trigger this back, so it will only work on a Mamiya AFD1, 2 or 3, Mamiya RZD or Mamiya RZ body with AFD adaptor.

The good news is an AFD1 body is pretty inexpensive, like under $1000 with an 80mm lens, and that's all you need to get started. For another $1000, you can add a 55mm and 150mm AF lenses and have a complete outfit :thumbs:

Greg Seitz

Jack,

I'd be all over this but for the timing. I'm literally heading out the door in a few minutes to head to Alaska on a summer long road trip and I'd dearly love to have this with me. Oh well, I'll have to make due with what I have. :cry:

Greg

robsteve

Subscriber
This is a low mileage (very low mileage) ZD back -- maybe 500 clicks total. ,
I always wondered what wore on a digital back when people quote actuations?

Perhaps they should be quoting how many times they press a button to chimp :) Aren't the buttons the only moving parts?

David K

Workshop Member
I always wondered what wore on a digital back when people quote actuations?

Perhaps they should be quoting how many times they press a button to chimp :) Aren't the buttons the only moving parts?
Me too. I think it's just a carry over mentality from 35mm. I'd rather have a back like Jack's than one that's seen heavy commercial use but that's about it.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Price drop before heading off to eBay: $5500 for the back kit, complete with all factory supplied accessories.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
IR filter has been sold, so now only the back is available. For the $5500 in addition I will now include three extra batteries and a second, more portable charger, so you'll be getting the back with all the normal stuff, 2 chargers and 4 batteries total.

Thanks,

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Someone needs to buy this , great start into MF and 1500 dollars more you can get a body and a few lenses. Great to try out be a explorer and break new ground

D

dlew308

Curious to what setup I could get with the $1500 for the body/lenses?
This forum is going to be the end of me, drooling over MFDB's.

Someone needs to buy this , great start into MF and 1500 dollars more you can get a body and a few lenses. Great to try out be a explorer and break new ground

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
You can buy an AFD1 body with 80 lens for well under $1000, then add a 55 or 150 for another $500

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
As Jack said you can get a AFD1 really cheap maybe even 800 -to 1000 dollars . The AFDII I think 1500 with 80 lens. Now lenses used are a bargain 35mm about 900. 45 about 600. 55mm about 500 and same for the 150mm. There are expensive ones also but honestly these lens are pretty damn good . Have many shots in the MF forum with Mamiya glass. Just think like this a whole system for the cost of a canon or nikon pro camera and a couple lenses. Great entry point

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Okay, some interest this past week, but still available. I'd really like to move this, so drop in price to $5400 including 4 batteries and 2 chargers.