The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Mamiya ZD back with IR filter

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Dang Jim, these are nice... Making me regret selling my 55-110 and have me rethinking selling the ZD!

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Jack,
Either hold on to it, or hold on to it until I have replenished my coin collection.
-bob

Jeremy

If only the fall financial aid were here now.... I think a ZD setup would be a better bet than going with Canon or Nikon FF when you're working on a tripod at low ISOs.

fotografz

Damn, if I knew for sure I could put that sucker on my RZ I'd give it a try in the studio. Did Mamiya ever get that ZD/RZ adapter to market?

I know this back needs light to shine, but light levels are NOT an issue with 2400 w/s of beautiful Profoto illumination at work. And the RZ is strictly a studio beast IMO.

Jack, can this back be tethered to a Mac Pro and show screen views?

I'm off on a driving vacation (sold a camera to pay for the gas : -) ... but my destination will have internet connections.

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Damn, if I knew for sure I could put that sucker on my RZ I'd give it a try in the studio. Did Mamiya ever get that ZD/RZ adapter to market?

I know this back needs light to shine, but light levels are NOT an issue with 2400 w/s of beautiful Profoto illumination at work. And the RZ is strictly a studio beast IMO.

Jack, can this back be tethered to a Mac Pro and show screen views?

I'm off on a driving vacation (sold a camera to pay for the gas : -) ... but my destination will have internet connections.
Marc,

The ZD works on the RZ ProIID with the ZD adapter plate (which has been available since the ZD introduction).

I believe since the latest version of C1 4.1 now supports ZD that it can be tethered.

David

Jeremy

Damn, you Jim! :)

It's Jim's fault I even started searching out info on the ZD and found this for sale posting.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well there is software for tethered , did not try it myself when i had mine. But I bet C1 will see this now. Jack can try it when he gets home or Jim can. Jim actually bought my ZD back

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I just checked it is Firewire 400 interface and you can shoot tethered either to there program , Lightroom and i bet c1 also now since the ZD is supported by C1 version 4 now.

BTW C1 tethered is one of the best I have seen. Very fast but you still have to control the camera yourself