The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: 90mm for Leica M

sjg284

Looking for a 90mm Leica M under $500

Open to Summicron/Elmarit/Tele-Elmarit and possibly Elmar..
Cosmetics irrelevant, love me a beater lens.
Optics are all that matter for me.

I'm sure someone has an older 90 kicking around.. that they are willing to part with.. now that they've received their shiny new 90 from santa? :thumbup:

thanks!

mathomas

Elmar-C lenses go pretty cheap on eBay. I loved mine while I had it. There's an 'UG' Tele-Elmarit on KEH right now for $275, and Elmar/Rokkors for even less.

sjg284

Thanks!
I have an M8 so I was hoping for something with a more standard filter thread (understand Elmar-C can be trouble) for my UV-IR.

I've been trolling KEH daily, but wasn't sure I wanted to pull trigger on what they have.
I had a Tele-Elmarit back in the day, loved it, but wasn't sure I wanted an "UG" cond lens from KEH. I'm sure the glass will be marked in this conditon?
Been tempted to pull the trigger on the "BGN" Elmarit though.. if its still there.

mathomas

It's true the Series V filters are a pain on the Elmar-C. I used one happily on my M8, without a UV/IR. But then, I do a lot of B&W conversions :). I also don't take lots of pictures of people or products. If you do, that's definitely a consideration.

Good luck...