The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: LUMIX / Leica D Summilux 25mm F1.4 Asph.

seakayaker

Selling my Leica D Summilux 25mm F1.4 Asph. to offset a recent purchase of a M8.2

The Lens is in excellent condition and produces wonder shots and bokeh with my GF1. Including a couple of pictures of the lens with hood, B&W filter, lens cap, bag, and box as well as a couple of sample photos.

Asking $765.00 which includes Paypal and Shipping in Continental US.

seakayaker

Re: FS: LUMIX / Leica D Summilux 25mm F1.4 Asph.

I would like to sell this lens to raise some funds. If you use a four thirds or micro four thirds camera you will enjoy this lens. Throughout the forum threads you will find many positive comments regarding the Leica D Summilux 25mm F1.4 Asph.

The price is being reduced to $ 740.00 which still includes the paypal and shipping within the continental US.

Happy to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks for looking.

jlm

Workshop Member

only lenses with built in motors can autofocus and they have to be compatible with the camera drive control, so no is the answer

Terry

only lenses with built in motors can autofocus and they have to be compatible with the camera drive control, so no is the answer
John, I think you are referring to the wrong lens. This one is built for the 4:3 system and it does indeed auto focus on the GF1. It needs a 4:3 to m4:3 adapter.

jlm

Workshop Member

oops, sorry
will it autofocus on the Lumix G1?

jm

Last edited:

carlosecpf

It not only auto focus on the GF1, but it also let you control the aperture via the lens aperture ring!! It is ideal for A priority shooters like me. This is the best lens for the 4/3 and u4/3 system IMO.

seakayaker

oops, sorry
will it autofocus on the Lumix G1?

jm
Yes the lens will autofocus on the G1. This link provides information: http://m43photo.blogspot.com/2010/03/four-thirds-lens-compatability.html

Four Thirds lens compatibility
Panasonic Lumix Micro Four Thirds (MFT) cameras can use all Four Thirds (FT) lenses, provided that you use an adapter. You can use either the Panasonic DMW-MA1, or Olympus MMF1/MMF2 adapters.

However, you should note that not all FT lenses will autofocus on Panasonic MFT cameras. Only fairly recent lens designs that are prepared for contrast detection auto focus (CDAF), will work. The compatible FT lenses are

. . . . .
Panasonic Leica D Summilux 25mm f/1.4 Asph

. . . . . .

These lenses will autofocus on Panasonic Lumix MFT cameras, like G1, GH1 and GF1.

. . . . . Thanks Carlos for the plug, the lens does get wonderful reviews.

Thanks for looking!

seakayaker

Reduction in Asking Price ~ FS: LUMIX / Leica D Summilux 25mm F1.4 Asph.

Reducing asking price to $ 725.00 includes Paypal and shipping in Continental US.

Any questions, please let me know.

Thanks for looking.

seakayaker

. . . . . I have had a couple of inquires, so I'll reduce the price to $710.00 which includes Paypal and shipping in Continental US.

This is a beautiful lens which you will love on your new E-5 or other four thirds or micro four thirds camera.

Any questions, please let me know.

Thanks for looking.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Oh damn. And here I thought I was happy with my existing kit.................

Fixie

I'll take it! I actually just messaged you on Flickr as well. I'll send you a private message on here with my e-mail address!

seakayaker

The lens has been sold.

Thanks for the prompt payment.

Also thanks to all who looked and sent along inquires. I do hope you all find what you need!