The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M9 Black - Original Owner

f1point0

This black Leica M9 has been my daily 'carry with me everywhere' camera and shows it. It isn't the newest or mintiest sample you'll come across, but it is an amazing performer that has been reliable, consistent and delivers incredible results. This body has never been to Leica NJ or Solms because it hasn't needed any service with about ~20K shots on the odometer. It has performed flawlessly. No cracked sensor cover glass, dead sensor or LCD pixels, or some of the other issues that you will see mentioned on the L forum. I still think those issues are generally rare in the general population and get more attention because of a loud minority, but this particular camera body has had absolutely ZERO issues. It even focuses dead on with my Noctilux wide open @ f/1.0.

Generally, electronic issues surface within the first few months and if they don't then you're good for the long haul. The camera was registered, but still has about a year or so left on the warranty. I am the original owner and will help out with any warranty issues that might arise. Just ship the camera back to me and I'll personally drop it off at Leica NJ since it is only a 30 minute drive away.

Why pay $7000 + tax for a new body and then have to baby it and worry about getting that first scratch, when you can save a ton of money on one that has proven itself as a daily user. I personally like the brassing and how the camera wears. Camera comes with the box, and everything else as new, including an unused Lightroom 3 registration code. The only reason that I'm selling is because I picked up a steel grey body and can't justify or afford to keep them both.

Priced for a quick sale, $5549 net to me. Includes shipping in the CONUS, but does not include regular paypal. Local New York City metro area deal preferred at an even better price of $5500.

I have lots more + feedback on fred miranda if you need the references...

M9+Noctilux @f/1: