The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: IR Converted Canon Rebel Xt, Tamron 28-300, Zeiss 2.8/35 + EOS adapter

johneaton

It's the new year so I'm fulfilling one resolution which is to find a good home for things that I'm not using :angel: -- so here's a great starter kit for someone who wants to get into using a dedicated IR system (I'm now not using this system as I recently converted a spare 5D to IR :D).

If possible, I would like to keep this system together as a single lot and sell it all to one bidder -- but if that doesn't work, then after 48 hours I'll split into three separate lots. I'm asking $750 inc. paypal and shipping in CONUS for all three items taken together>

1: Canon Rebel Xt converted to dedicated IR by MaxMax at 715 nm about 3 1/2 years ago (http://www.maxmax.com/IRCameraConversions.htm); with charger, spare battery, and remote control (Canon RS60-E3). Everything works fine -- if you want to see photos produced by this camera, go to my web-site: www.johneatonphotography.com and navigate to the "Infrared: Landscape" portfolio, almost all the photos here were shot with this system (except those from the Pinnacles).

2: Tamron AF Aspherical XR Di LD IF 28-300mm f3.5-6.3 Macro Zoom in excellent condition, with filter, front & rear caps and shade -- a great compact, light zoom -- glass is clear, no marks.

3: Zeiss Distagon T* 35mm f2.8 C/Y mount, latest MM made in Japan (green '22' aperture marking), with C/Y to EOS adapter, filter, front & rear caps, and original Contax G11 soft (rubber) shade. An excellent performer as a prime lens on this system; in very good condition, glass is clear, normal wear marks on the barrel.

$750, including paypal and CONUS shipping for all three!

Last edited:

johneaton

OK, as there isn't much interest in the system as a whole, I'll offer the components, as follows:

1: Canon Rebel Xt, dedicated IR, with charger, spare battery and RS60-E3 remote control: $350

2: Tamron f3.5-6.3 28-300mm XR Di LD IF, EOS mount, excellent condition, with filter, caps & shade: $200

3: Zeiss Distagon f2.8/35mm (MM series), with EOS adapter, G11 shade, filter & caps: $250

All prices include PayPAl and CONUS shipping.

Also, I'll reduce the package price for the complete system to $725.