The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

User Leica MP Black Paint BRASSED $2200 SHipped

sa124m

I very reluctantly am selling this camera which has served me very well. It was "abused" by one of the previous owners who decided to prematurely age the camera with some kind of abrasive on the paint. The camera still works perfectly though. It has .72 finder. No major damage like bad dents. I only have the inner box, no other boxes. (strap not included) The rangefinder was adjusted by DAG about 6 months ago. The shutter was also adjusted at that time. Any questions let me know. Price is $2200 Shipped and PP'd

Last edited:

Traut

That is one ugly camera. Who would acually spend hard earned dollars for it? A fool, an idiot or both. Never under estimate the stupidity of the consumer.

I'm looking forward to receiving it.

hunghang

I used to own this very camera. I can assure the new owner that this is one smooth camera and a joy to use.

NB23

Since you sold it, I guess I can chime in.

I saw this camera elsewhere and remember the original owner bragging about it and how he "used it hard". Of course, I didn't believe him. No camera on Earth can look this way from normal use. As a matter of fact, I find this fake wear extremely ugly. Let's just hope the new owner will use it enough to make it look good with some Genuine use/aging.

Traut

Since you sold it, I guess I can chime in.

I saw this camera elsewhere and remember the original owner bragging about it and how he "used it hard". Of course, I didn't believe him. No camera on Earth can look this way from normal use. As a matter of fact, I find this fake wear extremely ugly. Let's just hope the new owner will use it enough to make it look good with some Genuine use/aging.
Actually, you had no idea if the transaction was completed or not. You very might have screwed up a sale by your unwarranted opinion. Keep subjective critiques where they belong, please.

As for ugly or not "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". Proof is my wife married ME.

SYGTAFOTO

Actually, you had no idea if the transaction was completed or not. You very might have screwed up a sale by your unwarranted opinion. Keep subjective critiques where they belong, please.

As for ugly or not "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". Proof is my wife married ME.
+1. I'm in the same boat!:D

NB23

Look, dear friend, there will always be a taker. For 2200$ I even might buy it if I stop to think about it seriously, even though I find the fake finish rather ugly. As I said, with some genuine use, this camera might be salvaged.