The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Brightscreen for Nikon D3 #2 microprism

David K

Workshop Member
May I ask why you are selling this. I don't do much MF with the D3 but if I did I'd jump on this one based on feedback from folks using it.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I bought Woody's D3 with the Brightscreen microprism installed. I do a lot of MF and I am very happy with mine.
Good luck with the sale.

charlesphoto

May I ask why you are selling this. I don't do much MF with the D3 but if I did I'd jump on this one based on feedback from folks using it.
I purchased from another member here to try out. It works fine, but I think I could use the money elsewhere. Will consider best offers.

woodyspedden

I bought Woody's D3 with the Brightscreen microprism installed. I do a lot of MF and I am very happy with mine.
Good luck with the sale.
Cindy

I think that Jim Lakey's Brightscreen 13mm prism is the be all end all for the D3. Combined with his eyepiece magnifier (which is also on the body I sold to you) the ability to focus correctly is about as good as it gets. Focussing is a difficult task these days and guys (and girls) are doing things to make it possible to focus on areas heartofore thought impossible. Thanks be that is over.

There are so many tradeoffs e.g. assuring there are no metering errors etc as a result of the prisms but at the end of the day what Jim has done is just wonderful. I will certainly buy another D3 (read D3X) and I will buy it from Jim with the accessories to make it a workable solution in my real world. God how technology has made it possible to do things that we never imagined possible. I am trying to emulate, in my mind, HCB or Ansel with this little camera capturing images that no one would have imagined possible for such high resolution captures.

Come back old friends and show us gear heads what is possible from a real high end image capturer

Woody