The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Microtek 120 tf MF Film Scanner $900

Sharokin

I have a like new condition Microtek 120 TF Medium Format film scanner.
The scanner works flawlessly with the supplied Silverfast Ai software on my 2010 Mac Pro running on 10.6.6
This is identical to the Polaroid 120 Sprintscan.

The scanner comes with everything you see in the photo plus a cover and power cable not pictured.

Full disclosure: The glass medium format film holder does have a crack (can see in photos) at the end of the holder.

I ran some non scientific tests against my Epson 700 and found the Microtek has much better shadow detail using 6x6 and 6x7 negatives. The resolution was close.

Shipping is extra.

Thanks!

Last edited:

mathomas

I shoot 6x9, so I guess I'd use the holders without frames (?). Re: the damage to the glass holder -- I see there's a glassless holder, too, so I guess that's an alternative to the glass one, for 6x9?

(Sorry if these are stupid questions/comments, I don't know much about scanners.)

Sharokin

Hi Mike,

The MF holders do not have any frames barriers like the 35mm strips. Film strips sit tightly without any barriers.

Theres enough space for two 6x9 negatives in the damaged glass holder and up to three with the regular metal MF holder.

I included a picture of the two MF holders.

Thanks!