The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS - Leica R Vario-Elmar 35-70mm F4 macro ROM

apsheng

The lens is in excellent+ condition. The glass is pristine; the focus, zoom and aperture rings turn smoothly and positively; there is hardly any use marks on the barrel. The reason I did not rate it as mint is because I do not have the cover for the hood. It comes with front and rear lens cap and the screw-on hood. This is an under-rated lens in my opinion and consequently a great value. It was built by Kyocera (who manufactured the Contax line of camera and lenses) for Leica and the build quality is very, very, good - up to Leica standard IMO.

I did convert the lens to Sony with a Leitax mount customized for this lens. It worked flawlessly on my A900. The lens can also be used on Canon and Nikon with the proper adapter (not included).

$575 with original Leica mount. $675 converted to Sony. Prices include pp and conus shipping.

Thanks,
Alan