The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Leica R 90AA, 100APO, 80Lux

robmac

Thought I'd give this one more try. Looking for one or more of the preceding. Shipping to Canada, Payment by PayPal. Please email if interested.

robmac

Only if you give me a (sizable) take from your next bank 'visit' ;>

Nah, been playing Leica/Zeiss lens roulette over the last while on my 1Ds2 and have finally settled on what I'm looking for in that FL range.

Have owned the Lux and further back the 90 in the past. Regretted selling the 90 and REALLY regretted selling the Lux.

While 80 users tend to fall into one of two camps - those that prefer the logic ($$$, size) of the 90 pre-APO and those that prefer the emotion of the 80. Like yourself, I like the way it draws, it's 'dual' nature and the F1.4 'emergency button' in low light.

That said, I'm currently testing a 100 APO borrowed from RobSteve and it's technically 'perfect' across-the frame delivery and relatively fast speed (yet nice bokeh) would be perfect for some personal stuff I want to do.

With that in mind, I initially thought the 90AA would be the perfect compromise (Mandler look aside), but given the availability of clean 90s at sane prices, an 80 Lux + 100 APO combo may be the better ticket. It will certainly be an easier to fill one.

In short, I'm asking what's out there and keeping my options open based on what sticks its head above the weeds.

Now, if I'd only made up my bloody mind BEFORE Rob Steve sold his primo 90AA.....(thumps head on desk)

robmac

Talking with Frank re: 80/1.4, but thought I'd bump this one last time - no 100 APOs looking for a new home?

robmac

Such is life as they say. With the D700 out, am actually pondering a used D3 in not so distance future, so may actually be scaling back by Leica purchases anyway. Have very few lenses left in cabinet that are Canon-specific, so timing may be opportune.

PeterA

Well if you decide on a D3 let me know - because I have an as new in box one which I hardly use. Also the 28-70F2.8 zoom and teh magnificent Zeiss 28mm f2 and teh 105 macro - all as good as new.

I am sick of all my gear fetish - totally over it and have sold a heap of stuff already - just want my Leica M film bodies and M8 / Xpan and big boy digi blad. Thats enough!!

robmac

Sounds like a healthy attitude.

Only problem re: Aussie D3 is that Nikon Canada will not service ANY camera, even on my dime, that was not imported by them into Canadian market.

It used to be just warranty work, but recently changed. This artificial support for in-country retailers (who are invariably weak vs larger US counterparts) is one factor making me hesitate to make the jump. Can send cross border for service, just a royla PITA.

robmac

Frank - got your email re" the 80 and will get back you by Monday. Thanks for tip on the 100 source.