The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS Leica 35mm Summilux Type 2 $1450

mjm6

Folks,

I'm shifting around my lenses a bit, and I have this Canada-made summilux that I need to sell. The glass is in great shape, but you can see that the barrel shows some wear. Included is the somewhat hard-to-fine (if you're missing one!) metal lens hood that holds a series VII filter. Also included is a non-original front cap and a Leica rear cap.

The serial number indicates that it was made in 1970 or so, which makes this an early Type 2 version of the summilux. It has that classic 'lux (Leica!) glow when shot full open, but sharpens up nicely very rapidly, so that by f4 it is essentially equivalent to a summicron. Even by f2, it has sharpened up a lot, and the contrast has increased, but I wouldn't say it is to the same level as a summicron at that aperture. I think there is less falloff in the lens at that point (compared to a summicron).

The focus is smooth, and the aperture blades show some wear, but no oil. Overall, I think this is an excellent user lens.

Here's a few photos of the lens. The specks on the lens are dust, not damage.

I'd like $1450 for the lens including shipping and PP in the US. Shipping to Europe will be at cost.

Please PM me if you are interested.

mjm6

Folks,

I've had A LOT of PM's on this lens, so I'm just about positive it is sold.

Let's mark it PENDING for now, and I'll update soon.

I will respond to all PM's as soon as possible.

Thanks,

---Michael