The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Current Leica 90mm Elmarit-M

AGeoJO

Well, the title says it all. I am interested in getting that lens. I do have a 90mm Summicron AA that I am happy with but I entertain the idea of getting a smaller and lighter lens albeit a little slower. I would like to get a mint one but I will entertain practically any condition as long as it is fully functional. Please feel free to drop me a PM and shoot me an email if you have one to sell.

Thank you very much,
Joshua

Last edited:

fotografz

From my cold dead fingers ... :ROTFL:

Seriously, good luck in your search ... once you use the 90/2.8 my bet is that the 90/2 ASPH will go dormant ... mine did. It is Leica Magic and was the real sleeper in the M system. Unfortunately not much of a secret anymore once people started using it on a M9.

Best of luck :thumbup:

-Marc

AGeoJO

you mean last one before it was discontinued?
Yup, that's the one :D.

From my cold dead fingers ... :ROTFL:

Seriously, good luck in your search ... once you use the 90/2.8 my bet is that the 90/2 ASPH will go dormant ... mine did. It is Leica Magic and was the real sleeper in the M system. Unfortunately not much of a secret anymore once people started using it on a M9.

Best of luck :thumbup:

-Marc
Thank you, Mark. I was at a local "camera gear swapmeet" over the weekend and played with a copy while there. Although I have more than one lens covering that focal length but I would like to experience owning that first hand.

Joshua

sidmuer

Yup, that's the one :D.

Thank you, Mark. I was at a local "camera gear swapmeet" over the weekend and played with a copy while there. Although I have more than one lens covering that focal length but I would like to experience owning that first hand.

Joshua
It's not just that you have another covering the focal length.
It's that this is LITERALLY as sharp and nice as the ASPH lenses out there.
Beautiful Bokeh. Excellent size vs Optics you get.
I would say the BEST price to optics quality ratio out there in all the Leica lineup!

weinschela

Subscriber Member
Try PhotoVillage in NY. I got mine there and they told me they had bought up a number of "new old stock" from Leica directly. The web site is www.photovillage.com. However, you may be better off just picking up the phone. Will, who runs the shop, is very helpful, as is the owner, Rich Pinto.

AGeoJO

I would say the BEST price to optics quality ratio out there in all the Leica lineup!
If the price keeps on creeping up, it would not be the case any longer :D.

Try PhotoVillage in NY. I got mine there and they told me they had bought up a number of "new old stock" from Leica directly. The web site is www.photovillage.com. However, you may be better off just picking up the phone. Will, who runs the shop, is very helpful, as is the owner, Rich Pinto.
Thanks for the tip but they ran out of that lens 6 months ago....