The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Looking for Alpa lenses

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Not sure what i am doing but if anyone has a Alpa lens they are looking to sell let me know. I have a itch and not sure i want to scratch it. :rolleyes:

Guy Mancuso

Yes it did and you should get yours tomorrow. I'm still debating this. I think the Mamiya 28mm makes the most sense. Of course i can't find one. The Alpa sounds okay until you get to the lenses and there is no cheap way around it I can find. They want 1400 to convert a lens to Alpa.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Hopefully, the next version of C1 will have a little extra for the 28 corners that some have been complaining about. If so, the 28 would have to be a strong option.

PeterA

Guy - there is only 2 things you need to know about the Alpa system ( I will say six things for completeness) :

1. Buy a nice 12W series body - because they are sexy. Pay up for the viewfinder cos it makes the camera even sexier (AND it WORKS) - DO NOT buy a TS because even though with it you will make EXACTLY the same shots - they aren't as sexy.:cool:
2. You only need ONE lens that will be a 35. The Schneider 35 is sharper than any razor blade you have ever used.
3. IF you are a seriously F$^$#@ed up gear head you will also lust after the 24 from Schneider - it is wide - but you wont use it much cos it is wiiiiiiide. :bugeyes::bugeyes:Which means now you will want one..and no I am not selling either LOL
4. If you are still reading - I will tell you a secret...dont buy the 47mm or longer focal lengths - they are NOT interesting or better than what you have on your MF system.
5. IF you ignore what Petey says - don't blame me when you figure out that yeah..all I need is one lens.:banghead:
6. I haven't ever tried the Rodenstock 28 - but like the 24 you cant shift with this lens.If you don't want/need shift- try one out - it may be the one lens for you.

Good luck - the good thing about Alpa is that it makes the cost of MFD backs look reasonable:ROTFL::ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

Crap Peter I did completely the opposite. LOL

But that is okay I had to take the cheapest route in first. This is a experiment