The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon 85mm 1.4 like new

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I bought it several weeks ago and it has been sitting since. Like off the shelf condition. 925 or best offer. Paypal and 20 bucks to ship. Box and all paper work

Terry

Is there a limit to how many times one is allowed to buy and sell the same focal length?:angel:

Guy Mancuso

I am on the 3rd I think after that I do get the honer of the white truck with the guys dressed in white with a white jacket. Oh and there are white tie downs so you can't hit the freaking buy button anymore. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Guy,
The straps used to be leather, now they use ballistic nylon webbing, probably after my brother-in-law got loose:ROTFL:
ok, I give, what was wrong with the Nikkor 85mm f/1.4?
-bob

Guy Mancuso

Not a damn thing but I have yet to pick up the Nikon in weeks . LOL

It actually is really fast and accurate at focusing. i sold my last one to David thinking I would like the zeiss and as you played with it. It was a pain to focus. Hell if you have the AF camera not a bad idea to make use of it. LOL

Kinda like this AF stuff with the Mamiya myself. I plan on the 150 2.8 D lens from mamiya so this puts the Nikons at very high risk of being sold. ISO 800 is just fine for me and actually I think i could do almost anything I want with the MF stuff. Travel stuff maybe a little bit of a issue

David K

Workshop Member
Jeez, it's like the movie Groundhog Day. I bought Guy's last Nikon 85 1.4... perfect, like new, absolutely wonderful lens.

Guy Mancuso

You need a backup. LOL This is like spanking new. Not sure why no one has jumped on this myself with all the Nikon shooters here this is one of there best optics.

Dale Allyn

Guy, if I send you a list of lenses I want, can you buy them and then sell them to me second-hand? Your prices are much better than B&H. I'll even help with the PayPal fees.

:ROTFL:

charlesphoto

I probably would have jumped all over it if it wasn't for the purchase of a Zeiss 25 and 35, and nikon 85 f/1.8 and 135 f/2 in the last month (not to mention the D3) Need to stop somewhere! good luck.

Guy Mancuso

I know this stuff can be addicting. Those Zeiss lenses are really nice too. The 50 macro is a sweaty. Only so much gear you can have, I'm still getting readjusted.