The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Black M9, $5200

zombii

Re: FS: Black M9, $5200

Thank god, I've already made a firm decision to stick with the M8! (Must resist, must resist. Arggh, curse you temptation!)

JimCollum

Sold.. thanks for all who replied (and yes. the inbox overflowith)

I'll let the lucky person announce it himself if he see's fit..

thanks again!

jim

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
This was originally my M9 and I liked it so much that I bought it back. I know that it's been well loved by both Joseph and Jim and now it's coming home again.

Thank you Jim - after seeing your shots with it I'm sure you'll be like me and will get another soon enough.

Darn, now of course I need some new glass ... :eek:

sidmuer

if it wasn't for the poor iso performance when you pass 400, this would prob. be the best little camera I've ever used.
If they take care of these little things in the m10, it'll prob. be the most sought after camera ever.
Aside from that, congrats on getting back your regret :).

edmund

If this isnt a GetDPI love story, I dont know what is -

Congratulations on getting your camera back Graham!

skinnypix

Joe, Jim, & Graham,

I tried out a friend's M9 & now I've got M9 envy...but for the cost...!!! One of these days I may pull the trigger on one.

So as part of my education, what were the reasons all of you sold the camera so soon after purchasing it?

Thanks,

--Alan

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
So as part of my education, what were the reasons all of you sold the camera so soon after purchasing it?

Thanks,

--Alan
Everybody has personal (& private) reasons for selling.

I personally traded it first time around in order to fund a medium format digital outfit. I knew at the time that I would end up buying another to replace it at some point relatively soon. I just didn't expect it to be the same one. I very nearly bought it back from Joe earlier just prior to when Jim bought it but the timing wasn't right.

So for me, the "why sell?" question is easily answered by the M9 being an easily sell/tradeable item with high intrinsic retained value, not due to any product or like/dislike issues.

This time around it's going to be a small Leica outfit. Did I really say that? :ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Lets see what you bring next week to the workshop and I will answer that. LOL

As far as reasons for selling it goes in so many directions it's hard to pin down the WHY for folks. For me it is 90 percent i want something else to try out and something is standing in my way to get it. Mostly the money and timing. I think a lot of folks do the same and has nothing to do if a product is bad or good just want something else instead.