The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Leica 50mm Noctilux-M f/1.0

AGeoJO

Like a mad man I sold my copy of this lens a few months ago and now I am planning of using a really fast lens by the end of next month. It just so happened, a shooting buddy of mine wanted to sell his and since the trip is coming up very soon, I decided to "buy" his first to be on the safe side until I could get hold of the new version. Well, my Leica dealer called me yesterday and told me that Leica just shipped my copy. Since I will be getting the new version, I am selling this now.

The lens is in really excellent condition; the only signs of usage is a slight paint rub at the end of the focusing ring near the red dot. Again, the rub marks are minor but still, that's the reason I would not call it mint. The areas are shown at the red arrows on the last images. It is a version IV with sliding lenshood and it has a 6-bit code, which was done by the Leica factory. It comes with a leather case and box but the upper styrofoam piece inside the box is missing. If you slide the lenshood out, there is the unavoidable rubmark of two pieces rubbing against each other underneath it. My previous copy was the same. Anything else you see on the images is superficial dust. I checked the RF accuracy on this lens with my M9 and it is dead-on.

I would like to get $5,995 net for this lens but I would include shipping within the 48 states. If the buyer happens to be in Southern California then I can give a slight discount. I will be in Austin on Tuesday and I don't feel like taking this lens with me there. So, if it doesn't sell by Monday, the last day of my being able to ship it before the trip, then I will have to put it on that auction site, where it is regularly selling in nose bleed territory with prices ranging from $6,500-$8,000. There seems to be a frenzy of popular Leica M lenses lately on that site. If you are into the Leica M system and you are in the market for this rare lens, well, here it is. Feel free to send offers, even low ball offers, I don't mind but any offer of less than $5,500 will not be considered. Sorry. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. PM or email will be just fine.

Thank you,
Joshua

AGeoJO

Re: FS: Leica 50mm Noctilux-M f/1.0

Lens has been sold pending payment. I will update this thread again once the payment has been received.

Thank you for your interest,
Joshua

AGeoJO

Re: FS: Leica 50mm Noctilux-M f/1.0

Payment was received and the lens is now sold. Thank you for your interest.