The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Leica 19mm (2nd version) ROM LNIB

summiluc

Leica 19mm 2.8 Elmarit, 2nd version, ROM. LNIB with hood, case, papers, and all three caps (front without hood, hood, and rear). This lens has been modified for use on Canon camers. Shipping from Canada, local pickup in Ottawa if you wish.

$1850 + shipping + 3% paypal

summiluc

Re: FS: Leica 19mm (2nd version) ROM LNIB

Bill,

Thanks for the offer, but no trades. I have a new M9 that I need to pay for!

SALE PENDING.

Jonathan

Farnz

I use my 19/2.8 v2 on my 5D MkII and it's a superb lens.

I don't recall having to modify the lens, I use a Cameraquest EOS-R adaptor and I had to shave the camera's mirror, so what mods were made to your lens?

Pete.

thrice

I use my 19/2.8 v2 on my 5D MkII and it's a superb lens.

I don't recall having to modify the lens, I use a Cameraquest EOS-R adaptor and I had to shave the camera's mirror, so what mods were made to your lens?

Pete.
If the lens has been modified it looks like it was done very professionally. The mod to allow it to work on a non-shaved full-frame Canon camera is just filing down the retaining ring around the rear element.

Like you, I shaved my mirror to allow use of this lens and the 35 summilux when I used to shoot Canon.

Farnz

Thanks, Daniel, I thought it might be that but I couldn't see any signs of it in the enlarged pictures.

Pete.

RAM

Can this lens be used on an M8 as is or would work required to convert back?

I am in Ottawa and interested.

Thanks.

Farnz

Can this lens be used on an M8 as is or would work required to convert back?
Not really because it's Leica-R lens and was not designed to work with an M8. If you managed to attach to attach it to your M8 there would be no way to focus it other than estimating focus because it doesn't have a rangefinder focussing cam.

Pete.

summiluc

It can be used (at least in theory) on an M camera using an adapter from cameraquest. Scale focusing only though. It is a large lens in comparison to other rangefinder lenses so I don't think an M camera will handle well. AFAIK, noone has tried this lens though I did read about someone doing this with the v1 19mm. I think that you would be better off buying either the Zeiss 18mm or the Leica 18mm.

I used this lens on a Leica R9/DMR and it is fantastic!

RAM

Sounds like a great lens - thanks for the info and good luck selling.