The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Cambo viewfinder masks

greygrad

I'm looking for some Cambo viewfinder masks to fit the WDS-580 viewfinder:

Mask for 24mm XL (Schneider Apo-Dig) (WDS-924)

Mask for 47mm XL (Schneider Apo-Dig) (WDS-947)

Mask for 72mm XL (Schneider Apo-Dig) (WDS-972)

These should be the versions etched for a digital sensor sized 37x49mm, and be in good condition.

If you have any of these for sale, please get in touch.

f8orbust

Good luck with the hunt. I just paid approx. £165 (= $257) for one of these from Calumet in the UK - $257! I must be insane - it's just a piece of circular perspex in a metal frame after all (and not great quality perspex either, if the truth be told). Like most things, these are significantly cheaper in the US than the UK, even though they are made in The Netherlands - which, last time I checked was still in the EU. So much for free trade.

Don Libby

Calumet in the US has them for $190. I don't think I've ever seen one on ebay or any other second hand market although I did get my viewfinder second hand. Good luck on the hunt!

Don

stephengilbert

Wait a second. This can't be right. There's a camera part that costs more for some other camera than the ALPA version? (ALPAs are about $90, which I thought outrageous [I have two].)

Maybe I should stock up before ALPA realize they can get more than they've been charging.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Wait a second. This can't be right. There's a camera part that costs more for some other camera than the ALPA version? (ALPAs are about $90, which I thought outrageous [I have two].)

Maybe I should stock up before ALPA realize they can get more than they've been charging.
Don't worry Steve, I just bought a custom 28/47/90 33x44 mask from Alpa ... $250. Your Alpa premium price concerns are unfounded :ROTFL: :(

Greygrad: good luck with your hunt!

greygrad

Indeed, there is a part that costs more than the Alpa equivalent. For what they are, the cost of the Cambo masks is daylight robbery. Wished I'd seen the Silvestri viewfinders before I bought the Cambo one, their masks are a steal (ahem) at $95 a piece.

Just out of interest, would someone be kind enough to tell me the diameter of one of the Alpa masks? Also, are they made of glass or perspex? Thanks.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I'd have to measure the Alpa mask (~30mm diameter) but it's made of clear plastic/perspex and engraved.

greygrad

Thanks Graham - sounds like they're smaller than the Cambo masks, which are approximately 47mm in diameter.

greygrad

Thanks for measuring the mask Graham. Just a few mm too large unfortunately, so it looks like I'll have to bite the bullet on the Cambo masks.