The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M9 New

ElvisKennedy

I was traveling in Europe a few weeks ago and stopped in an authorized Leica camera retailer to have a look around. They had two new M9's in stock. I already had an M9 but was so excited to see one in a store I bought it. Had it shipped home. By the time the camera arrived at my house (after a hassle with customs) I realized that I neither needed nor could afford a second M9. So it's up for sale. I opened the box to confirm it was the black version and that the serial number matched my receipt. Nothing has been removed from the box or used.

$6700.00. You pay shipping of your choice. Paypal gift is preferred. If you want to do straight paypal add 2%. Checks are fine but I will delay shipment until it clears my bank.

I'm in the Milwaukee, WI area.

Contact me via GetDPI forum or direct to elviskennedy at gmail dot com.

Thanks.

zoz63

Great thing is you had $7K to pay for back up M9 that you do not need...I wish I had same problem.

sisoje

If I would lucky enough to walk in to the store and buy an M9 on a "hunch" on my travels, I could never send it off home by mail... I would start shooting with it, hell the salesperson in the store would be my first shot... But, that's just me...

Good luck with the sale...

Farnz

Come on, People, (Hiromu and Jan excluded) don't cr@p all over this member's ad, he's a bona fide and respected member of a number of forums. If you have reason to suspect that the ad is bogus then by all means report it but don't fill the ad with poor taste innuendo.

Pete.

sidmuer

I have bought for ElvisKennedy before.
The item came PERFECT with fast shipping.
No issues.

I wouldn't hesitate to deal with him again.
Just because some people wouldn't buy an M9 the way he did, doesn't mean
it's not true. The fact is, his goods and quality are real.

ElvisKennedy

The camera has not been registered with Leica for the warranty.

The reason it was shipped is because the shop owner said it would be easier to avoid taxes/fees. Plus I wouldn't have to haul the box and it's contents on trains, planes and automobiles on my journey home. The shop shipped it for me.

As it turned out the camera was stuck in customs for 10 days because of some US gov't concern over the possibility that the camera could emit radio frequencies and should require an FCC certification. I think UPS checked a wrong box somewhere but after paying a paperwork fee of some sort the camera arrived at my door safe and sound along with a 75 Summicron lens.

Just for fun I've attached two photos. One of the shipping box with camera enclosed. And one of the shipping label.

Thanks to all of my supportive friends at GetDPI!

Last edited:

archivue

i went to a leica dealer in paris,
i was so excited to see a M9, i've start dreaming
when i was back home, i realized that i didn't buy it
and on the top of it, that i don't have the cash to spend on that type of camera
shall i consult a doctor ?
;-)

jonoslack

Is it just me or does that sound like a very unlikely story!
Sounds perfectly likely to me - I've got two M9 bodies - I like to shoot like that, and I like to have a backkup. Lots of other people feel the same way . . . . and have you never had a rush of blood to the head in a store?

D&A

Jono wrote --->"and have you never had a rush of blood to the head in a store"

I've seen the sight of blood in such cases,...especially when the wife takes out the baseball bat in the camera store (or in your case Jono cricket bat?) when the husband says "I think I could use a couple more Lux's to go with my three M9's"...LOL

Yes, having back-up cameras and./or momentary rushes of insanity upon stumbling across some treasure upon entering a camra shop is just a way of life :)

DAve (D&A)

jonoslack

Jono wrote --->"and have you never had a rush of blood to the head in a store"

I've seen the sight of blood in such cases,...especially when the wife takes out the baseball bat in the camera store (or in your case Jono cricket bat?) when the husband says "I think I could use a couple more Lux's to go with my three M9's"...LOL

Yes, having back-up cameras and./or momentary rushes of insanity upon stumbling across some treasure upon entering a camra shop is just a way of life :)

DAve (D&A)
HI Dave
well, I'm waiting on a couple more luxes, but perhaps the reason there's no blood is that I only have the two M9s?

PSon

I would not have any problem buying from ElvisKennedy if I did not already have my own version of this problem (see below).

I bought the Leica M9 in black and like its performance so I bought the M9 in Steel Grey to back up. But the more I use the M9 the more I am impressed with its great results so I bought the Leica M9 kit in Chrome No. 7 and No. 9. Next week the M9 Titanium kit and the MP are coming. To round all the M9s up to my other systems I built 2 types of adapter to integrate all my Hasselblad V and Rollei lens onto the M9. I believe by integrating the optical systems across different platforms to gain insight into optical performance and the M9 is one of the best sensor to do this on.

wjlapier

I would not have any problem buying from ElvisKennedy if I did not already have my own version of this problem (see below).

I bought the Leica M9 in black and like its performance so I bought the M9 in Steel Grey to back up. But the more I use the M9 the more I am impressed with its great results so I bought the Leica M9 kit in Chrome No. 7 and No. 9. Next week the M9 Titanium kit and the MP are coming. To round all the M9s up to my other systems I built 2 types of adapter to integrate all my Hasselblad V and Rollei lens onto the M9. I believe by integrating the optical systems across different platforms to gain insight into optical performance and the M9 is one of the best sensor to do this on.
Did I count 5 M9's?

D&A

HI Dave
well, I'm waiting on a couple more luxes, but perhaps the reason there's no blood is that I only have the two M9s?
Jono, troubles only begin with the spouse when you're going onto the 3rd one....so you're safe for now...LOL!

Dave (D&A)

jonoslack

Jono, troubles only begin with the spouse when you're going onto the 3rd one....so you're safe for now...LOL!

Dave (D&A)
:ROTFL:

I assume that you're speaking from experience . . . . fortunately it doesn't seem to count if one is a Nocti and not a 'lux :)

D&A

:ROTFL:

I assume that you're speaking from experience . . . . fortunately it doesn't seem to count if one is a Nocti and not a 'lux :)
I think you're right...nor do any of the Leica special editions count. Seems you also rank up there in the "experience dept", Jono :)

Seriously though, I don't want to hijack this thread....this Leica for sale sounds great and is going to make a great camera for someone and save some $$ too! I wish I didn't have so many ongoing projects, or I would have seriously considered it.

Dave (D&A)

jonoslack

Quite Right Dave
Sorry Elvis for hijacking your thread . . .. we were just trying to establish your credentials (I think that'll do the job - Son's contribution was the star of the show!).