The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black Lacquer Leica MP-3 and 50mm Summilux

stephengilbert

Joining my betters who are selling things they don't use to finance other things they think they need, I'm selling my Leica MP-3 and Summilux. Both are black lacquer; neither has been used, other than listening to the quiet shutter a few times. I have all the packaging and paperwork that came with them, as well as a matching Abrahamsson grip and a B&W UV/IR filter. The lens is the old style in appearance (removeable hood), but was six-bit coded by Leica.

I've been offered $5000 by my local dealer; I'll sell for $6000 total (including delivery to the continental U.S., insurance and Paypal fees). These items are rare (only 500 made), and I understand that the black lacquer is more valuable; it is certainly beautiful.

Last edited:

stephengilbert

I found a possible buyer for this camera and lens at the asking price, but would rather sell it to someone here. I'll be sending him some photos tomorrow, so if you are interested, let me know in the next few days.