The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon D3 and its best lenses FS, and DP1 as well, with finder

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Hello all,

As many of you know, I buy gear for specific jobs, and sell when done—this way I get to play with the latest and greatest, and the money I drop in the sale is a lot cheaper than renting! I am coming up to a period of almost a year of non-photographic work (workshops, new book launch, etc.) and the book I bought the D3 for is almost finished. Accordingly, I will sell the D3 and a number of lenses.

Here's the list, and prices are in USD. I will take PP (no charge to buyer) or Visa/Mastercard (I have charging facilities here at the studio).

I will FedEx to you, insured for the selling price, at no charge (on the D3, this will be about $175, form here).

Please email me rather than PMing. All questions answered. Gear is identical to brand new—except that it has been thoroughly tested! The D3 really is as good as the rhetoric promises, and so are the lenses.

D3, plus Brightscreen, LNIB, all standard accessories. This D3 focusses perfectly without AF fine tuning, both AF and MF. I will include the standard screen with the body.

The D3 comes with the Camadapter base and leather hand strap, too. Price: $4,450

Nikkor 24/3.5 TS, LNIB. Price: $1,549 ($350 off BHPhoto's price)

Nikkor 14-24/2.8, LNIB. $1,349 ($200 off BHPhoto's price)

SOLD: Nikkor 24-70/2.8, LNIB. $1,349 ($300 off BHPhoto's price)

SOLD: Zeiss ZF 100/2 macro, LNIB, with hood. The best, and the best bokeh, of any lense I have used, period. $1,300 (over $250 of the B&H price; thanks to Jack for this correction). I put it down to jet lag!

Sigma DP1, with Voigtlander 28/35 finder, extra battery, LNIB. $699

Cheers to all. I will be posting the same ad on Fred's site, and same prices.

Kit

Last edited:

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Forgot to add: all gear is USA model (not grey import), sourced from our friend Jim Lakey (the owner of Brightscreen) in Tennessee. I have the warranty cards for most items, and the new owner may care to fill these in and submit to Nikon. HTH, KL

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Thanks for that, GM.

Can you indicate that the 24-70/2.8 has sold too, please.

The D3 is still available!

:)

Cheers my friend

Kit

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Hello to all. All lenses are now sold.

I have dropped the price on the D3 and added a brand-new EXTRA battery (two in all).

D3 has the Camadapter, hand strap (you will need this if you work all day with D3 and 70-200 in hand!), Brightscreen is fitted (original screen will be included), and all accessories, and original box, paperwork, and packing. Better than new.

Price is now $4,399, and I pay for PP and FedExing. What are you waiting for?

Cheers to all, KL