The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS Leica R Blowout: 21-35, 50, 35-70, R7, Everready

bingoh2000

I love my Leica R system. Sadly, it is gathering dust. Off it must go. These are great lenses and a terrific workhorse of an R7 body, plus a pristine eveready case. All prices are with paypal. CONUS sale preferred, shipping extra. PM me for photos.

Leitz Leica R 21-35mm Vario-Elmarit ASPH Boxed Exc+ $1650

Leica R 21-35mm Vario-Elmarit ASPH with original caps, hood, leather case, box, and paperwork. S/N 39516xx. EXC+ condition.

Optics and mechanics perfect: no scratches, cleaning marks or other imperfections. Blades perfect. Aperture and focus both snappy/butter smooth. I never used this lens without a UV filter on it.

Cosmetics very strong: no dings, rubs, or abraisions. A few pin-prick sized bright marks on the metal knurl of the aperture ring on the underside of the lens. They are minor, but I tried to pick them up in the photos (not easy as they are small).

I bought this lens as new old stock three years ago and used it very little. It takes astoundingly sharp pictures, with saturated colors and snappy but not brittle contrast. It absolutely kills when used with Velvia. I used it on my Leica film camera—it has never been modified or taken apart for use on a non-Leica digital camera. The lens mount and screws are factory-intact. I know these will mount on some Nikon and Canon full-frame models with the right adapters, but you will have to check that as I never used this lens for that purpose.

Leitz Leica R 35-70mm Vario-Elmar f/4 ASPH Boxed Exc+ $550

For sale is a Leica 35-70mm Vario-Elmar R f 4 ASPH. Original caps, hood, box, paperwork. (Missing zippered leather case/pouch—lost by a previous owner.) Optics Mint, cosmetics at least EXC+

Optics perfect—all elements, blades, inner surfaces pristine. Mechanics perfect—snappy aperture rings, butter-smooth focus. Cosmetics perfect: no dings, rubs, bright marks, zero imperfections.

This is the Solms-designed, Cosina manufactured zoom lens that was one of Lecia’s last lens designs for the R camera and was packaged as the basic lens for the R8 and R9. It is outstanding at all focal lengths, and is regarded as one of Leica’s finest R lenses—better than Leica’s earlier primes. Rock-solid construction. It is razor-sharp and contrasty at all apertures. Very nice, neutral bokeh; said to be the best bokeh among Leica’s later R zoom designs.

I bought this lens a year ago and used it for maybe one roll on my Leica film camera. Basically it is as good as new. I have heard you can mount this lens on Canon and Nikon digital SLR backs with the right adapter, but I do not know for sure as I never used it for this. This lens has never been modified or taken apart for use on a non-Leica digital camera. The lens mount, screws, cowling, and ROM contacts are factory-pristine, never having been tampered with.

Leitz Leica Summicron R 50mm Lens $250

For sale is a Leica Summicron R 50mm lens S/N 3567xxx. Made in Canada. Takes sharp, contrasty pictures with great Leica sharpness and character. A small fleck of dust on an interior element, away from the center. Otherwise aperture blades and focus are perfect. Shows wear on the exterior—rubs on front edge of retractable hood and bright marks on metal knurls. No nasty dings or signs of being dropped. This lens should work on non-Leica digital SLR backs, but I shot it with Leica film cameras and never used it for any other purpose. The lens mount has never been tampered with. This lens is an amazing shooter. As a user, it is priced accordingly.

Leitz Leica R7 Black Camera Body EXC. Extras plus recent CLA. $425

For sale is a Black R7 camera body in EXC condition. S/N 20111xx. With original Leica 14103 body cap. Also includes original Leica eye-cup (14215) and mirror pre-release (14087), both VERY difficult items to find nowadays. Bought in EXC+ condition from KEH about three years ago. I had it CLA’d by Don of DAG camera about a year ago, so it is in tip-top functional condition. Since then I have only taken this camera out for light use, mostly family snaps.

All functions perfect. Meter and speeds are spot on. Shutter fires smoothly. Depth of field lever smooth. Interior clean, clean, clean. All foam in great shape. Body has some gentle wear and a few bright marks on the edges from the bag and my handling, but no dings or nasty marks. There is some edge brassing along the upper front edge of the mirror housing—this is the worst, everything else is very subtle. This lens was never dropped or mishandled. It works perfectly and should do so for years to come.

The R7 is generally regarded as Leica’s best, most compact SLR—bright focusing screen, sophisticated metering and stepless shutter, and rugged build-quality, all without the giant size of the R8 and R9 that came just after. This is a terrific shooter that should give you years of trouble-free photos with great Leica glass.

Leica leather case for R7, Exc+, boxed. Also fits R3-R6.2 models. Basically never used. $85

I have 100% perfect feedback on the auction site under the same user name as here. Thanks for looking.