The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: 2010 15 inch MacBook Pro ICore7

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Here we have a 15 inch MBP Icore 7 2.66 laptop in excellent condition. No dead pixels and no scratches. This is a great machine with a lot of power

2010 Model Purchased April 20th 2010 so still has warranty until this April 19th 2011. I have receipt for it for any warranty work.

Specs
2.66 mhz
L3 cache 4mb
Intel Core I7
MacbookPro 6,2

500gb Hitachi 7200 drive . I bought this separate as it is a better drive than Apple supplied drive

Came with 4gbs of Ram . I replaced with DDR3 1067mhz of 8gb of better Ram

Have High resolution screen in Matte style 1680x1050 and it will drive a 30 inch monitor as well both opened for two screen setup

Comes with original box disks and paperwork plus power cord.

Asking price of 1725.00 shipped and paypal. Con US , International extra charge

machine will be loaded with fresh software ready to add you name and data
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Option 2 here which includes all of the above including the Hitachi drive in the HD drive bay

This is a speed option with included bracket and setup in the Optical bay which the DVD drive is removed will sit a OWC 200 gb Extreme Pro SSD drive. You can read about that here but one of the best SSD drives you can buy. On this option I will put the OS on the SSD and format the Hitachi spinning drive as a extra drive which will give you 500gb of storage or whatever configuration you need . I can partition it for you as well. So I will have everything installed for you and all set to run with the push of a button just add your name and transfer your current data over and your running at warp speeds. To read about the OWC 200gb SSD you can find this link here http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/inte...xtreme_SSD_Sandforce/Solid_State_Raid_Edition
This is a very new drive as well maybe 6 months old with the latest firmware. BTW I am running two of these drives right now in Raid 0

I am asking 525.00 for this option which includes the bracket for the optical bay, SSD drive and me getting it all set up for you ready to go. So if you do this option you will have a two drive machine with SSD in Optical bay with OS on it and a 500GB storage drive for images and if partitioned which i recommend a OS backup. That way you are always covered when traveling.

BTW i will include the DVD drive but have no case for it but you can buy a external case for cheap. Honestly never really needed it as I have a DVD separate unit anyway that cost 100 dollars that will burn much faster. This setup is for photographers not movie goers. LOL

Obviously you can always rent a movie through Itunes anyway. So total cost with the Speed option is 2250.00 shipped, insured and paypal. Plus i will help you with any tech needs as well getting setup.

Guy Mancuso

Re: FS: 2010 15 inch MacBook Pro ICore7

Lower price

Laptop 1675
Speed option 475

2150 total

Be very hard pressed to find price performance package

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

This is a killer deal for someone. I bought a similar setup new in October and love it.

Guy Mancuso

This is a KILLER deal. This is very fast.

I bought a 2011 pretty much the same setup over 3k without the SSDs involved.

I'm a little surprised no one has bought this yet. This is like new.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Great deal for anybody needing a laptop -- it's the exact model I have and currently use down to the SSD plus spinner in the optical bay.

In case you don't know Guy, he is a total gear slut that has to have the newest, fastest, latest and greatest iANYTHING or simply isn't happy. So here's an opportunity to take advantage of a gearwhoredom shuffle :ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

LOL Just put the spinner back in the Hard Drive slot and Optical drive and all is working like new( actually on it now). I can still put the optional SSD and Bracket back in very easily if that is what the buyer would like. Just getting ready for the replacement model.

ONLY reason I am selling this is is well there is no reason I am a slut and that is all there is to it. Jacks got me pegged pretty good, but my business does require being on the road processing hundreds of files all at once and I truly need the speed or I will be up all night processing and I don't sleep well as it is. I'm also pushing 40 mpx files like they are butter too.

It needs a good home so talk to me. I'm dead seriously this thing looks better than in the Apple store.

bradhusick

I can't believe someone hasn't jumped on this. I have the identical setup and it's a screamer but totally silent! I love it.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

I should also mention I get over 6 hours of runtime if I'm on the SSD and have screen brightness set at 50%.

Guy Mancuso

You get to hook up to a 30 inch monitor and still have the laptop screen on. Pretty cool. It's also very quiet
Still has original warranty until April 19th and I am pretty sure you can buy Applecare if you wanted too. You have a year to buy it

AppleCare Protection Plan
If your product is still within its one-year warranty period, you can purchase an AppleCare Protection Plan and get unlimited telephone technical support and hardware coverage for the life of the plan.
For Mac and Apple Display
For iPod and Apple TV
For iPhone
For iPad

http://www.apple.com/support/products/mac.html

D

Devon Shaw

Once someone buys my 24-105mm I'll have enough for this.. hoping it doesn't sell before then.

Erik Five

Just out of curiosity: Would you consider a 28 2.8 asph 6-months old LN as a trade? Not a mark with all included when new. Even the grey outer box.

Guy Mancuso

If I had a M body I just may. LOL

Erik you should sell that on the forum with all the Leica fans here they would love that lens. It was my favorite actually when i shot the M8

Erik Five

I will keep it then. Lol. Just wanted to check. Would you ship to Europe though?

Guy Mancuso

Yes I can ship to Europe. Would love to just hand deliver it actually. LOL

Erik Five

Haha. Cold here now though ;) Ok. I need to think about it. I have one already, but somewhat slower. Was thinking the wifey could get mine and I would use yours.