The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD Leica M9 and accessories $5800

felix5616

I purchased this camera here a few days ago and have decided that i do not like using the camera. The files are great, its just not for me. The camera has brassing, scuffs and a ding on one corner but is fully functional. I The kit is the same as when i purchased it with the camera, box, manual 2 leica batteries, leica 1.4X magnifier, artist and artisan strap, thumbs up device. The original owner provided the original receipt and offered to assist in warranty service until the warranty expires June 2012. Shipping is free. I would like what i paid, $5700. Photos and references available.

leicashot

Re: Leica M9 and accessories $5800

I sold the camera to Leo and it's a shame it hasn't worked out for him. If there's anything I can do to assist in the sale, please let me know. Leo was great to deal with and the camera's condition is great, besides the scuffs and tiny ding. Here's the link to the camera and more info. http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24180

felix5616

For all those inquiring about the accessories, they will only be sold if I get a buyer for the camera.

felix5616

Camera and extra battery with warranty support until June 2012 available for $5300

leicashot

Trust me, this camera is in great condition and you don;t need to worry about scratching it, so buy it!

sidmuer

Hi Leo, just some questions.
Do any of the pictures exhibit the thin reddish/purplish line that appears on some that have a sensor issue at higher iso's? I've seen this first hand, and it was very disappointing when I bought an m9 from here that had this issue. (undisclosed in the sale)

Also, I went to purchase an m9 from a local member on FM, and when I tested his, its focus was waaay off. I brought 3 lenses to test with to be sure. Also undisclosed. Then he somewhat let out that he had it serviced, and they said there was no issue. I also, checked the battery, and realized it was NOT the original m9 battery that it is supposed to come with. ( also undisclosed ).

So my other question, from experience with this camera, is the focus spot on?

And lastly, what is the actuation count?

I am just very disappointed that I got burnt once with this camera, and took a loss, then went to buy a local one, and someone, again, was trying to slip something by me.

leicashot

Let me answer the questions seeing I was the original owner up until days ago. There is no problem with this sensor at all, at any ISO's. It was recently serviced and checked too.

The batteries ARE original and the focus is 100% perfect coming back from Leica on my old Noct 0.95 and Nokton 35/1.2. BUT, having said that, due to the potential user error and lens mis-calibration, and focus shift, I NEVER guarantee such performance. I can only comment on my own experience and you either need to trust my credibility or not.

After coming back from service the actuation count was reset, I think. What i mean by that is that when I ran the test (somewhere I found on the internet), the count was 40ish images, which were the images I tested after it coming back from Leica. Maybe I got it wrong, but it seemed accurate.

In terms of my understanding of how many images I took, I'd say below 10,000 easily. Possibly well below that to be honest.

Hope that helps.

Kristian

SYGTAFOTO

Why is this ad still haunting me?
Someone please buy and get it off the list. :(
Seriously... In my mind, I'm going through items at home to see what I can sell to raise cash.

felix5616

I have had no focus issues with my 12mm Voigtlander, 15mm zeiss, 18mm zeiss, 25mm zeiss, 35mm leica or 50mm summilux.

bluebook

Why is this ad still haunting me?
Someone please buy and get it off the list. :(
Seriously... In my mind, I'm going through items at home to see what I can sell to raise cash.
That's actually what I will do if this is not gone by the end of this week.

Felix, good luck with the sale. Seriously if I have cash, this would be gone in a heartbeat.

felix5616

I really wanted to like this camera but i di not like how it felt i my hands. Very sharp images, great colors.

jonoslack

I really wanted to like this camera but i di not like how it felt i my hands. Very sharp images, great colors.
Ah well, like Marmite, it's an acquired taste - perhaps you should give it a little longer?

J

jeffreybowman2k

Congrats on sale. This listing is probably the closest I will ever get to an M9, and I didn't even make an offer for it!