The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: ELINCHROM 27" deep octa + boom

ocarlo

Hi - got a week left before going overseas, and both Adorama and BH are back-ordered. Anyone wanting to unload? thanks in advance.
PS am in NYC area..

SergeiR

Hi - got a week left before going overseas, and both Adorama and BH are back-ordered. Anyone wanting to unload? thanks in advance.
PS am in NYC area..
You got better chance to get it there from Elinca suppliers in Netherland and other places.

US still sells only 39" version. Bigger and smaller Deep Octas are nowhere to be seen in US so far.

ocarlo

My apologies gentlemen.
For some reason, I thought I'd get an alert via email if anyone responded.
Hi Aboud - yes, its the smaller 27.5" Deep Octa....
I really want a light handheld light source for single-person portraits in the bush.
I have excellent Ebay and Paypal record, btw.

Hi Sergei - I will be in NK for a few days, in fact on my way to Africa. Will look into this option.
thanks guys...

eekimel

The 27.5 has been for sale in U.S. (either Adorama or B&H had an OB/used one last week). I had one until a gust of wind... now I have the framework of one.

Dustbak

I just received one from Fotoflits (Dutch importer). Indeed you have better chance to get it from them. Send them an email and ask them to set one aside for you at the time you pass through the Netherlands.

ocarlo

hey Dustbak,
thanks - I too found a Dutch source, fotodenboer, and they're in Amsterdam.
after reclaiming the VAT, its still about 30 to 40$$ more than Stateside.

BTW, do you use a boom arm? I'm looking at the Elinchrom boom, but it seems
to be for Quadra RX heads, and I'm wondering if that can carry the load of a Ranger RX head + the Octa...