The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Yashica GS

LeicaFan

Hi Guys,

I have a very special item that I'm selling. It is a Yashica GS rangefinder that has been completely overhauled.

I had the best guy in the business (Russ from camerarefurb.com) source a GS for me, then he proceeded to completely overhaul the camera which included the following:

- Change light seals
- Polish chrome
- Clean lenses (assumes no fungus on lenses. Fungus may or may not be removable)
- Clean/adjust rangefinder and top glass
- Refurb dusty/faded leatherette
- Clean out interior of camera (Dust, film chips, bugs, mice, etc.)
- Lube and adjust as necessary
- Restore electrical continuity
- Clean electrical contacts
- Change POD (we use neoprene rubber which will not deteriorate like the original)

After this, I had Russ replace the camera covering with the finest mahogany leather from cameraleather.com. Here is the link:

http://www.cameraleather.com/colors/G_mahog.htm

Finally, I had Russ paint the "Electro 35" logo on the top plate to a white color for a nice, clean look.

As you can imagine, the camera is in perfect working condition!

I paid over $150 for this camera (plus over 2 months of waiting). Less than 1 roll was used in this camera and I would love to keep it, but I need the money right now and it has just been collecting dust. I am asking $130 for it and it would be a great addition to anybody's collection.

Thanks for looking,
Wes

madmaxmedia

Wow, that is an absolutely beautiful specimen! I am too used to shooting digital (had a Electro 35 at one time), otherwise I would love this camera. The Electro 35 is a really nice camera.

Good luck with your sale-

mathomas

Very pretty -- and tempting. I always wanted one when I was a kid. Definitely a childhood wish fulfillment thing.

LeicaFan

Thanks for the kind words, guys. This was my first rangefinder camera. I really loved the look of the Electro series (as well as the aperture priority) and I really wanted to make this one nice. Though I barely used it, I can say that it is a fantastic camera.