The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS Leica M8.2 $3200

Millsart

good deal sometimes do more harm than good; perhaps it is better to let a good deal go instead.
Wise and true words, but....... M9 w/ an extra battery, A&A strap, Thumbs-Up, and a Leica 1.4x mag for $5700 was a bit too good of deal to pass up

Millsart

One other thought regarding spring (at least here in the midwest) is that we are finally getting some greenery back, which has been really cool for IR shooting. I actually just finally got a 093 IR filter the other week and its been fun being able to use the M8.2 not only as a great visible light camera, but also for IR shooting as well with the filter added.

I'll be curious to see how the M9 fares at that, probably going to require a tripod, unlike the handheld IR ability of the M8/8.2

When your out somewhere and its that harsh midday sun and nothing is looking good, throw an IR filter on and suddenly you've got a whole new world of subject matter, with that midday sun giving great white foliage against a dark black sky.

I've had IR modded camera's before like a D70, G1 etc but it was always a pain carrying an extra body (lens) for IR shooting. Nice with the M8.2 just to carry an extra filter and turn into an IR cam on the fly

Millsart

Hoping today is going to be the day.....

Also considering going the Ebay route, where I think it could bring in a decent price but with so much lost in fee's. I'd much prefer to sell it personally and keep more money in both the buyers pocket and mine as well by cutting out the middleman.

SYGTAFOTO

Wow... The price is starting to get ridiculously low for M8.2 in basically mint condition. I'm surprised no one has picked this up yet.. I can't possibly think of selling mine this low.

Millsart

This is the best price I've ever seen on a M8.2 and I looked at a lot of them before buying. Whoever gets this is getting a double whammy of a fantastic deal both because I simply need to get it sold as I've already paid for the M9 and need the $, and, with several others up for sale, its a buyers market. My lose your gain.

$3050 via bank/cashiers check or paypal eCheck personal transfer and its yours for the low, low price of $3050 and I'm even paying the FedEx shipping!

If you have to put it on a credit card through paypal I'll split the fee's with you

Best deal around, and IMHO, the best M8.2 around with the lowest shutter count and the most mint of condition with all accessories as new.

SYGTAFOTO

You know there was one sold on E-bay just recently for $3550 + shipping.
Even with the ebay's cut, you might be better off selling it on ebay...

VINCET

The one on ebay that sold for $3550 is a silver M8.2. Silver model tends to sell at a higher price than the black paint model. I've bought a sold a couple of M8.2 black with around 3K shutter actuation on ebay a few months ago. One sold for $3K while the other sold for $3200. The fee is what kills me. Why I kept buying and selling them? I really wanted the M8.2 silver but can't seem to find one at the right price. I ended up settling for the black one but only to sell it after a couple of months.

Millsart

Camera is sold! Thanks to all who expressed interest or otherwise commented on this thread.

The chrome m8.2's certainly do seem a bit more rare, but that combo of black body, vulcanite and the block dot is pretty darn sexy for sure. Ebay fee's are indeed a killer, as is having to keep going and deleting bids from some overseas yahoo's with no feedback or from countries that I can't ship easily. I'll put that specifically in the auction and people bid anyways and then the serious buyers move on to the next camera.

I've been burned on Ebay a few times where someone puts in a last minute winning bid and then I never heard from them again. Ebay automatically hits you with final value fees and it takes so long to get them reversed. Then your trying to send out second chance offer to the legit buyer who's high bid was beaten and hope they are still interested etc. Its just always such a nightmare.

Anyways, I was able to sell the camera to a very nice and talented working photojournalist who's going to put it to great use. First and foremost I wanted it sold, but its always nice to know that a fellow photographer got a good deal and great camera.

If your bummed about this one being sold Dan's got the second nicest M8.2 I've ever seen for an excellent price as well thats still up for grabs listed on this very forum.