The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica 90mm Elmarit-M f2.8 e46 lens, mint

Millsart

Mint condition Leica 90mm f2.8 Elmarit-M E46 lens for sale. Comes with box, leather poach and rear cap. Slide out hood is built in (which is a feature I just love)

Lens is in mint condition and razor sharp. I just love how this lens renders as its pixel sharp edge to edge, but still draws really smooth. Such great color and clarity as well. Its just about as good as it gets in terms of m-mount glass in terms of its look/performance. Its not 6 bit coded by the way. I think production of these was stopped before they began doing that in fact.

I really hate to have to let it go but due to my M9 purchase some things have to go, and as much as I love this lenses there are other focal lengths that see more use.

$1375 net to me

Last edited:

Millsart

Forgot to add a couple of p&s photos (I always feel like such a hack posting such quick and lazy product shots! lol)

rsolti13

Jeff....I had a WTB a couple weeks back, wish I would have known. From the 2 days I have had it...WOW - what a lens! Good luck!

Millsart

$1325 net to me, and this lens will be on its way to you. Can't believe this lens hasn't sold yet. For the money this is one of the best lenses I've owned and I honestly can't believe its not in the $3k range....its that good

AGeoJO

Here is bump for you, Jeff. If you keep on lowering the price at this rate, I may be interested in getting a second copy of this wonderful lens before too long :D. C'mon, folks, this is really a great lens.

Millsart

SOLD!

Which is good news, but a little regrettable as well as this is a fantastic lens if its a focal length you use a lot. I've said it before and I'll say it again, that the 90 Elmarit-M really is a steal in the Leica line-up

For less money than a run of the mill 50 'Cron or a 28 Elamarit ASPH, 35 Summarit etc, this lens is just so amazing. Perfect color, great sharpness edge to edge even wide open, and a very beautiful classical Leica drawing style, and all for sub $2k much less $3k pricing.