The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Leica M 90mm Summicron ASPH Lens

AGeoJO

As a worthy alternative, you may want to consider the 90mm Elmarit-M (there is one listed here as we speak) and the 90mm Summarit. Slightly slower, in the case of the Summarit, barely slower but they are both really excellent performers, lighter and less expensive to boot. Good luck with your search.

AGeoJO

If you're going o choose f2,8 there's the fantastic Hexar RF 90mm f2,8 :)
Guess who? ;)
I don't want to clutter the OP's WTB thread but this is my take on that and I will "walk away" after this. Yes, even if it performs as well as the Leica 90mm Elmarit-M, I don't know that since I have not used any, but the Leica name recognition (the red dot factor, if you will), will translate into appreciation in value over time with a Leica lens and it is not there or quite a bit less with the Konica-M Hexanon lens, I am afraid. Yes, we are buying lenses not for investment but still, if you buy a lens that performs well and that lens will not only retain its value but even will increase its value over time, won't that make it more attractive?

hulk

A little off topic then.
Let me just say that in my opinion the Hexar is a fantastic lens for a wonderfull value.
I sold my 2,8 leica after trying the hexar.
I think that hexar is only passed by the summicron asph apo, that I also own, but don't use much anymore
The 90mm elmarit's are not that great investment in future, is not a lens that's going to grow in value.
Obvious this is my opinion, and won't use more this post to talk about it :)
Regards all