The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS Zeiss ZM 25mm F2.8 lens w/ hood

Millsart

Selling one of the jewels of the Zeiss ZM line-up, the 25mm f2.8

This is an outstanding lenses, but since getting the M9 I'm going to go with something a little wider, probably a 21 or 18, along with my 35.

Not that 25mm is a bad focal length because this is actually a great FOV on full frame and also makes for a great near 35mm equiv on the M8/8.2. I just want something a little wider and as much as I'd love a 18/25/35 etc kit, its not in the budget for me right now.

Anyways, the lens is in like new condition, comes with the box and docs and cap and also included is the $90 accessory lens hood, which is a really nice bayonet style that I really like. Overpriced for sure, but as far as hoods good it works well.

$975 shipped for lens and hood (won't sell the hood on its own at this time)

pics to follow this evening

thrice

I strongly considered selling mine, I found I wasn't using it that often. Then I went to New Zealand and for horizontally stitched panoramas it is absolutely phenomenal, I hope you don't regret the sale, this lens is without peer or weakness.

Good luck!

Mike Woods

I'm in the UK so customs charges will not make this a viable transaction, but can I ask what framelines this brings up on M8 and M9? I understand it was produced in two different mounts?

I guess I could just ask the question...do you need an external VF or can you just use all of the rangefinder view?

Thanks

Mike

Millsart

Brings up the 24/35 frame lines on the M8, 35/135 frame lines on the M9

On the M8 you can use it without a viewfinder pretty easily (thought some may find the 24mm lines a bit hard to see)

On the M9 I'd go with a VF if you want to accurately frame as the widest framelines are for 28mm, due to no crop factor. Its doable just using the whole frame more or less but Voigtlander makes both a nice 21/25 and also a 25, both of which are $149 each to buy new so probably a better option if you don't want to guess quite as much or have trouble seeing even the 28mm frame lines due to glasses

Mike Woods

Brings up the 24/35 frame lines on the M8, 35/135 frame lines on the M9

On the M8 you can use it without a viewfinder pretty easily (thought some may find the 24mm lines a bit hard to see)

On the M9 I'd go with a VF if you want to accurately frame as the widest framelines are for 28mm, due to no crop factor. Its doable just using the whole frame more or less but Voigtlander makes both a nice 21/25 and also a 25, both of which are $149 each to buy new so probably a better option if you don't want to guess quite as much or have trouble seeing even the 28mm frame lines due to glasses
Thank you, very much appreciated. Good luck with your sale.

Mike

AGeoJO

Even on the M9 you can use this lens, although I am referring to a 24mm Elmarit ASPH, which is technically a tad wider, without an external viewfinder. Just peer through the viewfinder by moving your eye's position around the camera viewfinder and you will be fine. Since we are in the digital age, you can instantly review the result anyway and take another shot if the first one doesn't meet your criteria. If I feel brave, I even use this method when using my 21mm lens. There are cases, rare as they are, when installing an external viewfinder just feels cumbersome :D. Good luck with your sale, Jeff.

Millsart

I bought this lens from Dan prior to my M9 purchase and as he had some excellent photos of the lens, I'm just going to repost those, as they are nicer than I could do and the lens is in the exact same condition.

I'd also like to mention that he's got a fantastic price on a M8.2 listed right now and he's a pleasure to deal with so someone buy his m8.2 with confidence (and my ZM25 too of course)

seakayaker

It appears that who ever owns this lens ends up with a M9! Oh My!

The Zeiss 25/2.8 is a beautiful lens and is being offered at a great price!

This lens also has the modified mount that allows coding to be recognized on the M Digital Cameras.

Thanks for the plug on the M8.2 and good luck with your sale.

Millsart

Thanks Dan!

So there you go folks, a great lens is now even better because its got the little groove so you can handcode it (and not have to redo it all the time) and after buying this lens it also appears to hold true that you'll end up with a M9. If that isn't two great incentives on top of the fantastic price and its amazing optics (one of the best Zeiss lens around and given they are all good thats really saying something)

Dont just take my word for it though, check out Steve Huff or Reid Reviews for some in depth info about this great piece of glass

$950 net to me shipped to your door

Millsart

$950 shipped to your door for this like new Zeiss 25mm f2.8 ZM lens, with the groove for handcoding and also the $89 Zeiss accessory lens hood included.