The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Leica M9 - Black with Thumbs Up & Luigi Case

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Leica M9 originally purchased in November 2009, lovingly used since then and hence has a few cosmetic 'love marks' but has been 100% reliable, 100% functional with no issues whatsoever. I actually traded this camera as part of a deal to get my first medium format digital outfit in September and bought it back earlier this year - and in fact was very happy to get it back as it has been a great camera. Anyway, now it's time to raise some funds for another medium format upgrade and so very reluctantly I'm letting this go again. In an ideal world I'd keep it but something has to go to raise funds.

As you can see from the pictures this isn't LNIB as there are a few minor marks on the outside of the black body, including some minor brassing and light scratching on the paint on the top. There's a small ding on the top above the viewfinder that was caused by a loose lens hood in my camera bag. This looks worse than it is but is purely cosmetic and the camera hasn't been bumped etc - the viewfinder is perfect, image quality is 100% and there are no functional issues with the camera at all. There's a slight mark on the bottom right of the LCD cover that I believe was caused by a broken Giottos glass cover being removed before I got the camera back. It doesn't make any difference whatsoever to the use of the camera and is completely invisible when the camera is in the case or if another Giottos or Zagg cover is put on the LCD cover. The camera has a replacement black Leica dot and I have the original red dot that I'll include with the camera. I personally prefer the black look but you'll have the option to put it back to stock look if you wish.

I''m also including a brown Luigi case and Thumbs Up grip with the camera as part of the deal. This makes for a very secure grip on the camera and makes the camera handle perfectly. I also have a Giottos glass cover that I'll include too since I never got around to fitting it.

If you're looking for a camera to use, without fear of that first scratch, then this will be a great deal. I'm asking $5600 for the camera, Thumbs Up & Luigi case. The camera comes with the box and all accessories, unused strap, charger, plus three Leica batteries. I'll take paypal, paypal eCheck or bank transfer. Seller pays any paypal fees and I'll pay to ship next day to anywhere in the CONUS. I'd prefer not to sell outside the US unless you're prepared to pay all customs fees and shipping.

More larger pictures here:
http://tinyurl.com/4zzutl4

Last edited:

GrahamWelland

Re: FS: Leica M9 - Black with Thumbs Up & Luigi Case

Folks have PM'd on the following:

How many actuations? 9253 at the last import. I don't have the last few images from the card imported on my laptop here (im traveling today) but I expect the current count is ~9300 or so.

Original receipt? not a problem.

D&A

There most definitely can be said a great many things about the items Graham puts up for sale, but in my own personal experience in purchasing a pricey Leica lens from him, to all I've heard and read from those buying from Graham...it is always first rate! From extremely accurate representations and descriptions of item(s) being sold, to the way the entire transaction is handled, I wouldn't hesitate for a moment if considering such a purchase. Most definitely my highest recommendation.

Dave (D&A)

ashwinrao1

Only sad that you are selling this beaut again, Graham. M9 not for you after all, then?

GrahamWelland

Well, not so much not for me as not for me at the moment. I have a bunch of expensive digital back upgrades to pay for so ... I'll doubtless buy another at some point though.