The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD Nikon Coolscan 4000ED

shaunmlavery

Nikon 4000ED​

Well, like my M6 that is also listed, I have not wanted to sell this either. It has been wonderful for me. I have run it with Silverfast and Vuescan under 10.6 with no problems.

Ok, here is the reason why I love this scanner. I know you can get other scanners out there, ex. flatbeds etc., but if you shoot 35mm exclusively this one is the ticket. The SA-21 feeder can be setup to scan a whole roll of film at a time! It's amazing. It made me fall in love with this scanner. Simply setup your scanning features/preferences, click go and then go enjoy life! '

Ok, I know film is more of a niche market but it's making a comeback, right?

As far as price goes, below is what I was thinking. If I'm out of line, simply send me a PM and let's talk.

So what do you get with the 4000ED? Scanner, manuals, various film holders(pictured), power cord, firewire 400 cable.

How Long Does it Take To Scan a Roll? Depending on your resolution and the number of passes you do in your program. I typically scanned at 3000dpi and did 3 passes and it would scan a roll in 30-45 mins? Don't quote me on the time because I pushed started and walked away. :D

Price
$775

Shipping
Free Standard Shpping.
Insurance not Included.

Shac

Re: Nikon Coolscan 4000ED

this is a steal especially given what others have been going for

shaunmlavery

Re: Nikon Coolscan 4000ED

this is a steal especially given what others have been going for
Yeah, I just looked at some others and it is really absurd what people are charging.

I guess that is supply/demand at its best. Maybe I should raise it to $1500. :D

If you have any questions, just shoot them my way. I think my M6 just sold so this will not see any action.