The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS (CAN): Leica 35mm f/2.8 Summaron non goggle version

SYGTAFOTO

I'm selling my Leica 35mm f/2.8 M-mount non-goggle version in excellent condition. Focus ring with infinity lock and aperture ring are very smooth as expected for a Leica lens.

Barrel is in excellent condition except for the area where hood would go on where it shows some very minor normal wear (I don't have the hood).

Aperture blades have the normal wear for a vintage lens.

Front element has one cleaning mark (5mm?) that is very faint, doesn't affect the image.

It comes with Leica UVa fiilter and original Leica front cap and generic rear cap.

Price is $800 CAD net.

I'll send pics to those interested.

thanks.

Farnz

Scott,

Is this an M-mount or LTM version? (I can't tell because you haven't posted any pictures or serial number.:eek:)

Pete.

ashwinrao1

Wow, can't believe that this hasn't sold. Posting some pics may help, as your price is quite fair for a legendary lens...

To anyone out there craving a version I summicron, this lens is very similar, just a stop slower, awesome build. I own one and love using it for that vintage look....matches well with a rigid summincron 50 in terms of look, and makes a great travel, compact lens kit, if you don't mind the f/2.8....a prior-day version of today's summarit, if that make sense.

best of luck with the sale.

SYGTAFOTO

Thanks Ashwin,

I've had a couple interested, but they were skeptical due to its age.. I can't do much about that.

It is a great lens, very similar to the 1st version summicron. I love it because of its small size, and its classic rendering. I would not sell it if I didn't have the craving for a rolleiflex.

If anyone has a Rolleiflex 2.8 in excellent cosmetic and working condition and would like to trade, I'm all ears.

I haven't taken pics of the lens yet, but I will post here soon.

If you have what I'm looking for, then the pics will come sooner.. :)

OlliL

Age?

This lens renders beautifully and can keep up with many newer lenses!
Hope you don't mind if I'm posting a sample of my version (ltm) on the E-P1.

Untitled Portrait von oliverleschke auf Flickr

This was wide open.

If you'd like me, to put it down, just shoot me a pm.

Regards
Oliver

SYGTAFOTO

Oliver,

By all means, whatever that shows the capability of this lens is good by me. :)

But it's tempting me to hold onto mine!

E

ekallus

This is a great lens. I use mine on my M4 and M2 and the quality is excellent.

Not so sure that I'd agree about the images having a 'vintage' look. It provides great image quality and is very compact.

Ernst