The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M 50mm F1.0 (E58) Noctilux

35mmSummicron

Leica M 50mm F1.0 Noctilux (58 filter thread, screw in hood type)

The lens is in great condition, signs of gentle use--glass is flawless. I bought it as a specialty portrait lens so it was kept away unless I was shooting formal studio work with it.

When I bought it, it came with the lens, back cap, the lens hood and oddly enough a similar vintage 50 1.4 Sumilux box. no manuals, and unfortunately no front cap.

I have a B W 486 UV/IR cut filter if you have an M8 I can throw in (it is ALWAYS on the lens) I also have a 3 stop, and a 6 stop neutral density filter so you can shoot wide open even with full power strobe lighting.
It is not 6bit coded for the M8 right now. The serial is 291xxxx which means it is a late model of the first version F1.0 58mm filter thread (roughly late 1970's).

Focus and aperture rings work smoothly and the blades are pretty clean.

I mainly only used this lens at F1.0 on my M8 which focuses very accurately.

Located in Toronto, Canada. I will accept paypal and certified money orders. Willing to ship worldwide.

I am selling this lens to fund a 28mm Summicron and a 50 1.4 ASPH, so I'll also consider possible trades.

Asking $5100 USD

Feel free to contact me for more questions/pics/seller references.

35mmSummicron

believe me, I would like to keep this lens, but I'm just SERIOUSLY lusting for a 28mm F2 Summicron to get that 35mm FOV on my M8 (tried the 28 2.8, didn't like it)

I'm willing to take offers!

35mmSummicron

The only things I'm looking for right now are:

Leica M 28mm F2.0 Summicron ASPH
Leica M 50mm F1.4 Summilux ASPH
Canon 1DsMKIII body

hasselblad stuff is tempting, but that would lead me down the road of digital backs, and that will just be the end of me financially ;)

drazin

i have a 501cm 80mm CFE and new style back kit which is MINT to put towards it. you will still get some cash but it makes it payable for me.

35mmSummicron

ahh, sorry I guess I automatically assumed your Hasselblad gear was H-system.

V-mount would require sync cables for digi-backs, which was the reason I gave up my Mamiya RZ67 ProII kit a few years ago....

35mmSummicron

***SOLD*** Leica M 50mm F1.0 (E58) Noctilux

Lens SOLD!

thanks for all interested.