The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: VC 25mm f/0.95 $910

wjlapier

SOLD

I have a basically new VC 25mm f/0.95 lens for sale. I have used it around the house and haven't taken it outside yet. I've decided I don't really care for manual focus on the mFT bodies I have. Built like a tank. Includes all items sold as new. $910 shipped and all fees included. Prefer CONUS sale.

Last edited:

AGeoJO

Re: FS: VC 25mm f/0.95 $910

Bill, is this lens strictly for m 4/3 or can this be used also on Sony NEX?

Godfrey

Bill, is this lens strictly for m 4/3 or can this be used also on Sony NEX?
The Cosina/Voigtländer Nokton 25mm f/0.95 is a Micro-FourThirds mount lens.

I don't believe Micro-FourThirds can be adapted to NEX mount ... I'd be happy to be wrong about this.

AGeoJO

Thanks, Godfrey. I am afraid of that and later on I noticed that it was sold already, too. Oh, well.

Jonas

I have seen images taken with the CV25 mounted to a NEX camera. As I'm not really interested in that lens I didn't check what adapter was used (commercially machined or a home made solution).
The important thing is that the lens doesn't cover the NEX sensor. That is no surprise thinking of it barely covering the µ4/3 sensor at large openings.

The "equivalent" lens, but with better rendering to my taste, is the CV35/1.2. There will be a new version of that lens out some time this summer. I know Stephen Gandy has a waiting list for those interested in adopting it quick. When I mailed him a week ago he had no word from Japan on the exact release date.

/Jonas

Double Negative

Not Available

If they could somehow manage this bad boy with an M mount, I'd be the proverbial "pig in sh*t." Then again, it might be the size of a bowling ball...

saxshooter

If they could somehow manage this bad boy with an M mount, I'd be the proverbial "pig in sh*t." Then again, it might be the size of a bowling ball...
It would be the size of the $11,000 Leica Noctilux-M ASPH 0.95 ;)

25mm is a misnomer. This is not a wide angle lens. It is 50mm FOV equivalent in 35mm-speak.

Godfrey

It would be the size of the $11,000 Leica Noctilux-M ASPH 0.95 ;)

25mm is a misnomer. This is not a wide angle lens. It is 50mm FOV equivalent in 35mm-speak.
Whatever it is equivalent to for another format, it's still a 25mm lens.

A 25mm f/0.95 lens for a 24x36mm format camera like a Leica M9 would be quite a bit more expensive ... The Summlux-M 24mm f/1.4 ASPH is about $6500.

I expect an f/0.95 model would be similar to or more expensive than the Noctilux 50mm f/0.95 as it is harder to make an ultrawide lens of such speed for a larger format that performs well.