The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Macro Elmarit 60/2.8, Schneider Robot 40/1.9, Contax Sonnar 90/2.8

apicius9

Hi,

I hate to do that but I have too many lenses and need to let some of them go, hard as it it... Here are the first ones, just checking here before going to ebay... All prices include insured shipping and Paypal in the US. I am happy to send abroad but would like to adjust the postage for that. Pictures will follow if needed, here are just the descriptions for now:

1) Leica Macro Elmarit R 60/2.8 3-cam incl. 1:1 adapter

Beautiful lens, I always hate selling Leica lenses. Lens has light external signs of use but the glass is in excellent conditions, all rings move smoothly, comes with the adapter that turns it into a 1:1 macro lens. With the 60mm length it also works as a nice mid-length tele on m43, especially the G/GH models, but for many this is a reference lens for macro work. Comes with the original front cap and I am pretty sure I will also find a rear cap for it. $569 shipped

2) Schneider Robot set: Xenon 40/1.9, Xenon 75.3.8, m43 adapter

I love Schneider lenses, but again, something must go. The 40mm Xenon is a beautiful small but well-made lens, smaller than the Konica 40/1.8 pancake as far as I know. But it is a bit heavier since it is just a small hunk of metal and glass. Rings move smoothly, the lens is overall in excellent condition, but it has just the tiniest bit of haze or cloudiness. You can use it perfectly fine as it is, but if I kept it, I would eventually have it cleaned for optimum results. Comes with an aftermarket front cap and a metal hood of which I am not 100% sure that it is the original one. Oh, it's the earlier silver/chrome version.

The 75/3.8 is probably one of the smallest 75mm lenses you can get - not the fastest, but a beautiful old lens. Overall in very good condition, light signs of use, glass without any major issues that I can see. This is the chrome version. I also have a black one but that has a few more external signs of use and the focus ring is a bit loose for my taste - no limitation in function whatsoever, just could be smoother and more dampened. The glass is also in good condition. Buyer can choose between the chrome and the black one.

The adapter is Hawk's 2-part Robot adapter that, if you take the Robot flange out, also works as c-mount adapter. But if you want to use both formats, I would leave this one as it is, it's too easy to loose the miniature screws that hold it together.

The last 40mm Xenon sold for $235 on ebay and I have seen them going higher, the adapter alone is $70+, I am asking $369 shipped for the whole set.

3) Contax G Zeiss Sonnar 90/2.8 incl. m4/3 adapter

This is the 90mm Contax G lens in beautiful condition. No major issues that I can see. Small lens, sharp wide open, perfect for the m4/3 format. Even though it is twice as big and heavy, I find myself using the 85/1.4 Planar more often, and there is too much overlap between the lengths of those two for me. This lens comes with a m4/3 adapter and a pouch (sorry, no caps). Buyer can choose between the Lenswerk outer ring adapter in silver or the 'Monza' adapter in black, a high quality adapter with a small geared brass wheel for focusing. Both adapters work reasonably well. There is no adapter out there for these lenses (AFAIK) that works as smoothly as a dampened Leica lens, but both adapters listed here are perfectly useable. $285 shipped.

There is more, but these are the top items, I think... Thanks for checking,

Stefan

P.S. I am planning to buy a Panasonic 100-300 lens, but if someone has a good copy and wants to trade, I am open for that - one can always try ;)

apicius9

Just a follow-up bump on this one:

Contax G Sonnar is sold.

Available are still:

- 60/2.8 Leica Elmarit with 1:1 adapter at $549 (description see above)
- Robot set of Schneider 40/1.9, 75/3.8 and m4/3 adapter, new price $300 shipped in the US (description see above)
- Contax G - m4/3 adapter, silver, outer ring Lenswerk adapter, $50 shipped
- Pentax 110 set of 50/2.8, 24/2.8, 18/2.8 lenses plus camera body, $60 shipped
- older Zeiss Sonnar 135/4, chrome preset version, works fine, back lens is clear, front lens has a 3mm dirt rim on the inside - I bought it as mint- but it clearly isn't. Still nice as a good tele on a sunny day, $50 shipped.

I'll be happy to ship anywhere for adjusted postage prices.

Stefan