The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Contax 400mm F4 EOS Mount

Andrew Gough

Contax 400mm N Mount converted to EOS. It includes the lens, tripod mount, hood and original bag. This lens was Brand New, when sent for conversion, and I have used it once to test it. I am selling because I have two, and it is a waste to have it sitting on the shelf. Price $4999 + PP/Shipping US or CAD

There are only 16 of these in the world!

In the interest of full disclosure: there is one small matk on the bottom of the tripod foot, I did it when I tested the lens.

This is the best F/4.0 400mm for Canon there is, you get full AF and auto aperture, just like a Canon Lens. It is in New Condition. The only flaw is that the box sustained some water damage after conversion - Lens was NOT in the box. I will pack the lens in the original dry box and box the whole set in a bigger box for shipping.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PM or email: [email protected]

AGeoJO

There are only 16 in the world and you own two of them. Wow! Andrew, you private stash is mighty impressive.

Jeremy

I don't shoot Canon (well, except at work), but this thing is quite svelte and deserves the bump. That's just one sexy lens.

Andrew Gough

I dug up a photo that was shot with my copy. The one for sale is as sharp. This is a finished file that was sharpened, but it does show the lenses wide open performance.