The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Alternate Glass 3

Andrew Gough

SOLD Tamron 70-150mm F/2.8 Soft Focus. This lens is getting very rare and really hard to find in this condition!

This lens is in very very good condition, with perfect optics. It also comes with a Genuine Adaptall Olympus OM mount. You could use an OM-Canon adapter for use on a Canon. Nikon mount adapters are available on fleabay

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tamron adaptall 17mm F/3.5 in excellent plus condition. I just bought this from KEH and they listed it as LN.

It includes the lens, caps and a NEW genuine adaptall C/Y mount. with this you can use a c/y adapter - nikon/canon/4/3 etc...

Price $350 + Shipping and PP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pentacon 135mm F/2.8 Lens M42 mount. Lens is in good condition with a few dust specs. This lens is well know for its Circular aperture through all f-stops.

Includes the original hood and caps. US $125 +Shipping & PP

Olympus OM 50mm F/1.2 I bought this lens NEW, it has been used Once. Lens is boxed, with papers and caps. You will be hard pressed find one this clean!

US $600 + Shipping and PP

These lenses are from my personal collection, sharp and clean. More to come...

More to come PM or email

[email protected]

Last edited:

D&A

I'll provide some of my own personal experiences of the Tamron, having used it extensively on film and to some degree on a DSLR. The Tamron 70-150 f2.8 is a very interesting lens and is becoming extremely rare. It's both a normal f2.8 zoom as well as a soft focus lens with a rear variator group that moves when the soft focus group is engaged (variable from 1 to 3). As a normal lens, its a good performing lens although not as sharp as the Nikon DC lenses but when used as a soft focus in portrait/wedding work, I have found it one of my favorites, especially when the lighting is appropriate and advantagous to exploit it's effects. Like the Nikon Defocus Control (DC) lenses, it causes a slight shift in the depth of field and can both alter the bokeh and how it reproduces (spectral highlights). I actually thought it more controllable in use compared to the Nikon DC lenses (which I also worked with for quite a few years). In addition, there were times I prefered its effect better too. Little has been written about the Tamron, so little is known about it and I believe it was only imported here in the States for a very short time. It also might have been in production for a very short time too. Interesting to see one of these up for sale.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited: