The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FT: My E-P2's black body plates for your E-P1's silver ones

O

ofmanynicknames

(cross-posted from mu-43)
I'm looking to get rebody my black E-P2 with the body pieces from a silver E-P1, now that I've learned how to remove the top plate as well as the sides and bottom pieces. When I briefly had both an E-P1 and E-P2 (but before I figured out how to properly disassemble them), I compared them and the main difference between the two was the height and not the width of the hotshoe structure. Here's comparison of the backs of the two using pictures from DPReview:

Both cameras have a body-colored piece of plastic covering the back of the hotshoe, but in the E-P1, it's blank, while the E-P2 has its accessory port there. I suspect but cannot confirm that the E-P2's top plate would fit without problems on an E-P1, with the gap covered up, but the E-P1's top plate may need modification for the accessory port.

I've searched for broken E-P1s on eBay to no avail. If someone is interested in converting their silver E-P1 to a black one, I'd be glad to swap the pieces with you. Obviously, the best way to do this would be to meet in person, so it'd be best if you're in the Boston area; I would be willing to go as far as New York City to do this. Alternately, if your E-P1 is not your primary camera, we could just exchange the parts via snail mail; I think I can live with a few days of camera downtime.

These are the parts I'd like to swap. I'd prefer to keep the leatherette covering.

O

ofmanynicknames

Thanks bvinh. Still looking for an Olympus owner interested in the swap, so let me know!

O

ofmanynicknames

Am also interested in buying a non-working E-P1 shell.

O

ofmanynicknames

Unfortunately they are not available directly from Olympus, as a phone call to their parts department revealed today. I just bought an E-P1 body that I will probably sell after the parts swap though, so this FT can be considered withdrawn.