The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS Schneider 28 PC for Leica R

bingoh2000

For sale is my Schneider Super-Angulon 28mm PC lens for Leica R. Optics Mint—no scratches, cleaning marks on outer elements. A few dust spots deep in lens—nothing major. Cosmetically EXC: some loss of paint around the edges of the shift-mount, and in numbers. Nothing out of the ordinary. Comes with leather carrying pouch, correct (and often rare) Schneider/Leica 12540 screw-on hood, and Leica front cap.

This was Leica’s shift lens for architectural perspective correction. It is also terrific for stitching shots for landscape panoramas. This lens is available in other mounts under the Schneider name, but the Leica examples are the best examples of the model—Leica bought the right to pick and choose which lens they would take off the Schneider assembly line, so these are always the best of the best. In terms of character, this lens is similar to the wide-angle Schneider Super-Angulons for larger format cameras. Tremendous sharpness and color saturation without the brittleness of aspheric lenses or the odd softness and aberrations at the edges when shifted. My shots with this lens remind me of the character of a Summicron M 35mm version IV (king of bokeh), only sharper. Shots with this lens are sharp and richly subtle.

This lens is easily adapted to other mounts for use as a digital SLR. I used this lens with my Leica R film body, so this lens mount has never been tampered with. I have gone digital M, so I don’t need this lens anymore.

$1200 paypal’ed and shipped UPS insured ground in continental US. I have 100% positive feedback on the auction site. PS I have other Leica R goodies--eyecup for R6-7, grid screens, mirror pre-release. PM me if you are interested.