The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Wtb: digital back for mamiya rz pro ii

trev2401

Currently have a rz pro II non d body.

Looking for any digital back, phase, older ZDs, leaf, Any brand, version and condition.

Feedback available here on get dpi, fm and rfforums.

Thanks for looking,

Last edited:

gsking

Trev,

In case you don't know some of these facts...I'll offer a few. I have this setup.

1. You'll need an adapter plate regardless. None mount directly. I have a Leaf plate built for a Valeo 11, but it will work with any 645AFD back. It required slight mods to fit a Phase back.

2. Different adapters are available for other mounts (Hasselblad and Contax, I think).

3. Phase backs require a wake-up cable. I used a cellphone headset with answer button, rather than pay through the nose for a real one. It worked on my H10, and should work with any H or P series back.

4. I don't think the ZD back has a wake up port, so it may not work on your camera. I read that it only works with the Phase adapter that only works on the IID.

5. Leaf backs do not require any sort of wakeup.

6. You'll need a focusing screen mask. I got mine from Yair (yaya) on this forum. He's a great resource.

7. My adapter seems to report an ISO800 to the camera, making the AE finder useless. Yair says this is an anomaly, and it should report 50 or 100. Not sure if the more expensive plates have ISO setting capability.

A good thread to read:

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9055

trev2401

Thank you so much for the helpful read... Seems that getting my rz II non d to go digital is going to be quite a challenge... Sigh..
Am now searching for the appropriate adapter plates... Preferably one from hasselblad v to rz...

fotolli

Hi,

I have an older Leaf Valeo 22wi in Hasselblad H-mount.
I used it with a mamiya rz pro II in conjunction with the LEAF adapter (which I don´t have any longer).
All you need is a sync cable between back and lens. No wake-up cable is needed. I found it very easy to handle and a stable system.

The back has a pin-point scratch in the protective glass which shows like dust in the picture, if you can detect it. Usually you only see it in the sky or other monochrome parts of the frame.
If this bothers you, Leaf can exchange it for roughly 700 US$ or you can order just the glass and do it yourself which should set you back about 400 US$.

Also the housing of the back has a hairline crack, which is purely cosmetic. It already had it when I bought it and I´ve been using it like that for 2 years.

If you are interested, I would sell it for 1200€ net.

Let me know.

Cheers,

Oliver