The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M7 0.72

cmace127

I have a black Leica M7 for sale here, Serial 277xxxx. It is in great condition with almost no signs of use. The only scratches I could find are those located just above the base plate but they are very insignificant. You can find a close up picture below. This camera was used with a strap and so the silver strap eyelets have some scratches on the outside. The camera has shot about 50 rolls of film in its lifetime as i bought it off of a collector.

The grip was bought separately and is obviously used. The inside/inner plate foam is cracked (please see picture). However, there is nothing wrong with the cosmetics on the outside and so this will be unnoticeable once attached to the camera. I am also including a Leica Time soft release. Nothing fancy, just a black concave soft release.

This comes with the body cap, two used batteries (they're actually pretty expensive but these have shot about 30 rolls), the original camera box and the instruction manual. Everything that is for sale is shown in the photos.

More pictures are available upon request.

I am asking $2400 or best offer. I will cover shipping in the continental US, however PayPal and insurance should be covered by the buyer. An in person transaction is possible if you're in the North East.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

cmace127

I accept returns in case you are not completely satisfied. However, this will be going up on eBay soon.

fotografz

Does this have the upgraded finder? The original M7s in the 277xxxx range had the problem with rangefinder patch white out, and Leica then upgraded subsequent M7s to fix the issue. However, many earlier M7s were also retro-fitted with the new finders ... is this one of them?

-Marc

cmace127

Hi Marc

This has the original M7 finder in it, however I haven't encountered any problems with the RF patch. The difference might be noticeable side by side with a new finder but in practice it makes no difference. The subject on which you are focusing is still clear when in the RF patch. This makes focusing and composing exactly the same.

fotografz

Hi Marc

This has the original M7 finder in it, however I haven't encountered any problems with the RF patch. The difference might be noticeable side by side with a new finder but in practice it makes no difference. The subject on which you are focusing is still clear when in the RF patch. This makes focusing and composing exactly the same.
Thank you. Nice camera.

-Marc